Coronavirus and Skiing

orda-1 - 1.jpg

orda-2 - 1.jpg

orda-3 - 1.jpg

It's due to an increase in outdoor recreation and spillover from Vermont. Of the Vermont spillover, I wonder how many are going back, and how many decided to stick with ORDA. Either way, they have a busy season coming their way and need to be loading all lifts at full capacity. Last year, all the growth was on weekdays, since weekends were always sold out. At Gore, I believe their target was about 75% of what they typically did on a busy weekend before the pandemic, judging from the parking lot. It will be interesting to see how many of the new weekday skiers from last year continue to ski on weekdays, and how many go back to weekends.

Cody just started her first year in high school last week. There’s already 600 kids on quarantine for having or exposure to covid. Half of her teachers are out right now as well. Things aren’t looking good imho. Loaded chairs are not high on my list of concerns right now.

A 10 minute chairlift ride and sitting in a school all day are not even in the same world in terms of the risk of getting covid.

It's due to an increase in outdoor recreation and spillover from Vermont. Of the Vermont spillover, I wonder how many are going back, and how many decided to stick with ORDA. Either way, they have a busy season coming their way and need to be loading all lifts at full capacity. Last year, all the growth was on weekdays, since weekends were always sold out. At Gore, I believe their target was about 75% of what they typically did on a busy weekend before the pandemic, judging from the parking lot. It will be interesting to see how many of the new weekday skiers from last year continue to ski on weekdays, and how many go back to weekends.
I used to sing this song to my daughter whenever I thought she was being a brat because she couldn’t get exactly what she wanted. She hated it but I like to think she’s better off because of my torture ?

All you ever do is complain either about how the world is going to end, or that I'm entitled. I don't know exactly what ORDA will do with their lifts. I assume most resorts will load them normally unless the state or local government mandates otherwise. Of course, ORDA isn't most resorts. My opinion is every ski resort should return to normal lift capacity, given that sporting events, restaurants, and public transit are also at full capacity. Based on ORDA's pass numbers, they will need full capacity lifts if they don't want to be shutting out passholders with a reservation system. I was at Gore nearly every weekend they were open last year, and you were not, so I know infinitely more on this topic.

All you ever do is complain either about how the world is going to end, or that I'm entitled. I don't know exactly what ORDA will do with their lifts. I assume most resorts will load them normally unless the state or local government mandates otherwise. Of course, ORDA isn't most resorts. My opinion is every ski resort should return to normal lift capacity, given that sporting events, restaurants, and public transit are also at full capacity. Based on ORDA's pass numbers, they will need full capacity lifts if they don't want to be shutting out passholders with a reservation system. I was at Gore nearly every weekend they were open last year, and you were not, so I know infinitely more on this topic.
Just play the song kid.

Cody just started her first year in high school last week. There’s already 600 kids on quarantine for having or exposure to covid. Half of her teachers are out right now as well. Things aren’t looking good imho. Loaded chairs are not high on my list of concerns right now.
This isn't good. Hopefully she stays safe.

Back