Coronavirus and Skiing

It’s crazy but kids don’t fight anymore. Neither of mine have ever been in a fight either, which I guess is good.
Where do you live ?

I also notice that kids and many young adults are NOT participating in organized summer youth sports these days ,at least in this area .

We have 4 relatively new magnificent baseball fields with padded fences very nice dugouts and ,stands . Two are lighted and there are several soft fields that used to bustle with activity EVERY nite of the week with organized baseball / softball teams . They are ghost towns now . Used to have t ball, pre little league , little league , Babe Ruth leagues , and post 16 leagues AND numerous local adult softball league with players from both Canada and the US ..........now it is a morgue .

Too many video games ? Have kids have gotten jaded and this just is not of interest ?
Or perhaps we are soft now Not certain but it is a shame .

Some Kids fight now with taunts , bullying , trolling their social media , but do not see much evidence beyond that . We disi have two kids commit suicide from on line bullying AND EXTORTION relative to teenage sexting and threat if exposure

Simply sad to see this level of decline / dispair

Last edited:
Lifts: What if you are vaxed and still want to ride alone? I'm not sure what I do, it's not ski season yet.
If you are taking a train, bus, or plane, you might have someone sitting next to you. If you're not ok with that, then you don't travel. If you go to an amusement park now, you don't get your own row on a roller coaster. If you have a problem with that, then you don't go. I don't see why ski lifts should be treated any differently.

It’s crazy but kids don’t fight anymore. Neither of mine have ever been in a fight either, which I guess is good.
I guess it was different for us/me. We always wanted to know who the toughest kid was. Fighting was something we did for "fun". I have a scar on my face to prove it.....lol
It seems as though I was always the biggest guy in our group. That said, the truly tough guys, like TJ, would always want to take on "the big guy". I have a losing record in my fights....?

Where do you live ?

I also notice that kids and many young adults are NOT participating in organized summer youth sports these days ,at least in this area .

We have 4 relatively new magnificent baseball fields with padded fences very nice dugouts and ,stands . Two are lighted and there are several soft fields that used to bustle with activity EVERY nite of the week with organized baseball / softball teams . They are ghost towns now . Used to have t ball, pre little league , little league , Babe Ruth leagues , and post 16 leagues AND numerous local adult softball league with players from both Canada and the US ..........now it is a morgue .

Too many video games ? Have kids have gotten jaded and this just is not of interest ?
Or perhaps we are soft now Not certain but it is a shame .

Some Kids fight now with taunts , bullying , trolling their social media , but do not see much evidence beyond that . We disi have two kids commit suicide from on line bullying AND EXTORTION relative to teenage sexting and threat if exposure

Simply sad to see this level of decline / dispair
Truth

I guess it was different for us/me. We always wanted to know who the toughest kid was. Fighting was something we did for "fun". I have a scar on my face to prove it.....lol
It seems as though I was always the biggest guy in our group. That said, the truly tough guys, like TJ, would always want to take on "the big guy". I have a losing record in my fights....?
?Hell we had boxing matches in a make shift ring to settle shit ? TRUE STORY

My best buddy growing up ( today a retired former college dean) and i got into a shitty roux so his older brother (now a Doctor) says " ok you lil sob's ARE going to put on the gloves and have a boxing match in our backyard tomorrow . Im inviting all the neighborhood kids and the LOSER is gonna have to KISS MY BARE ASS" ?? rhere will be 3 minute rounds till we have a clear winner

Now to 10 yr olds THIS was some serious shit and a YOOOOOOGE potential embarassment .

Well we put on the gloves whacked each other around for 3 , 3 minute rounds , by the end of which we weLaughing our asses off at each other as was the crowd .

Moral of the story his older wiser bro set up an embarrasing outcome ( which he NEVER intended to do ) so that we would see just how idiotic we had been to not settle our minor shit ourselves .

We still laff at this today ,

Where do you live ?
NYC outer suburbs or the very southern edge of upstate, depending on who you ask. Neither of my kids know anybody that has been cyber-bullied to any serious extent. They are low drama and run with low drama crews I guess.
All I'm saying is wait until the season and then freak out if necessary
I can agree to that. I’m guessing that the current spike has abated and we’re working through the next (hopefully smaller) wave by then.

Back