Coronavirus and Skiing

That doesn't send a good message regarding this coming winter. How am I supposed to think that they will load the lifts normally now?
How about being thankful you are fucking skiing in the first place?
You must not have heard of the majority of resorts who now have no mention of covid anywhere on their websites. If "new normal" means restricted lift capacity and forced masking, then I'm not willing to accept that. I'm not surprised ORDA is going that route as they seem to never miss an opportunity to make the experience less fun. I'll just ski somewhere else.
Of course they aren’t gonna mention it on their website. Shit changes daily. Remember when this whole thing came out of the blue? The leaves are changing but ski season is a long way off. A lot can happen between now and then. I’ve got no problem with ORDA and their masks if it helps people from getting sick. Get some skins and go hide in the woods, the skiing is better there anyway.

How about being thankful you are fucking skiing in the first place?
I complied with all the rules last year and was happy to do so because it seemed that was necessary to keep the resorts open when there was still a risk of them being shut down again. That's not the case anymore, so this argument doesn't work with me. If you don't want to ride a lift with other people, then maybe you should just not ski. It's not the ski resort's responsibility to redesign their entire operation to protect you from a respiratory virus that there is a vaccine for. Your irrational fear is your problem, not mine.

I don’t think not wanting to share the lift with myself, my wife, our 3 year old Peanut and a stranger during a pandemic is irrational fear. You do you bro, sorry you can’t crank out those runs.

I don’t think not wanting to share the lift with myself, my wife, our 3 year old Peanut and a stranger during a pandemic is irrational fear. You do you bro, sorry you can’t crank out those runs.
It is irrational. You're outdoors, and you can get vaccinated for covid.

Stranger danger! My wife and I are vaccinated and the Peanut obviously is not. You can still get it and or spread it. We’ll see how things go. This year doesn’t look good for making fast friends on lifts. I don’t need the extra runs. I do need my family to be safe.

Have your kid sit on the opposite side of the chair that the single is coming in if you're that concerned. Problem solved.

That has nothing to do with the fact that you are not entitled to your own chair. Even last year, if you went somewhere that wasn't ORDA, singles were expected to pair up on the bigger lifts.

Back