Coronavirus and Skiing

It says right in the rules of the forum to fight your own battles

There's even a whiny form that can be filled out and posted

Feel free to fill one out on me ;)

Haha someone read the rules. That's cool.

You lost me X. In another forum you have to pay to post?

:unsure:

Kidding.

I see both sides of this. Sno presented some generalized input, Camp said he wasn't seeing that in his area.

Whatever.

Shutting this for a short while. Maybe just a day.

Look, I hate to say it but we still kind of need this thread. Hopefully not for too much longer, but now we do. Let's try not to overreact to stuff.

May not make much difference for this community, but PA dropped travel restrictions as of March 1.

There are 3-4 weeks left in the season in PA. Might have a few places trying to make it until April 4 since that's Easter.

May not make much difference for this community, but PA dropped travel restrictions as of March 1.

There are 3-4 weeks left in the season in PA. Might have a few places trying to make it until April 4 since that's Easter.
I can post my NY trips on social media now lol. Now if VT would only do the same for spring skiing

Weird random question. When your group is approved for the vaccine, which mine won't be for months, will you "vaccine shop"? IOW, will you look for a place that you can get a higher efficacy rating than the J&J?

Weird random question. When your group is approved for the vaccine, which mine won't be for months, will you "vaccine shop"? IOW, will you look for a place that you can get a higher efficacy rating than the J&J?
No. I’ll take whatever’s available. Funnily enough I got an email from my company a couple weeks ago that NYS had gotten to 1B which supposedly included us and on that basis I got an appointment, brought my essential worker letter and everything, only to be told that yes I’m in the 1B group but they didn’t mean everybody in 1B, just these particular subgroups of 1B. I don’t know if it was just the location I made the appointment at or the whole state. The worker that rejected me was talking in circles. Oh well.

Nope. Don't care which one I get. All three are very good when it comes to protecting against serious illness and death. The actual effectiveness in preventing infection at all for an individual is impossible to completely predict based on clinical trials data, no matter how many thousands of subjects are included.

Someone asked me if the 0.5% difference in efficacy results between Pfizer and Moderna mattered. I said "no" without any hesitation. Especially for someone under 40 who has no medical history that puts them into a higher risk category.

I'm not quite 65. My ski buddy in New Mexico is frustrated because it's the only state that is using 75+ as the initial age and then is going to drop to 60+. He's 68. That means he'll be part of a much bigger group than in other states that are following the federal guideline of using 65 as a cutoff age.

I can't find a medical professional who agrees that J&J is less effective.

Moderna and Pfizer were only tested against the original variant. J&J was tested against a wide variety including the UK and SA variants. Hence the "lower" number. The J&J number is likely more accurate with what we are facing now.

I can't find a medical professional who agrees that J&J is less effective.

Moderna and Pfizer were only tested against the original variant. J&J was tested against a wide variety including the UK and SA variants. Hence the "lower" number. The J&J number is likely more accurate with what we are facing now.
This ^^^^
That’s the answer. The virus mutates and the most recent trials are the most accurate.

mm

Back