Coronavirus and Skiing

New York State is dropping their travel restrictions for vaccinated people. Vermont and New Hampshire already made exceptions for vaccinated people. Pennsylvania dropped them entirely. I wouldn't be surprised if travel restrictions are removed entirely this month. Vaccine supply is dramatically increasing, and it shouldn't take long to be out of the scarcity phase entirely. In fact by the end of May, just 3 months from now, there will be enough supply for all adults. This is the beginning of the end of this nightmare.

New York State is dropping their travel restrictions for vaccinated people. Vermont and New Hampshire already made exceptions for vaccinated people. Pennsylvania dropped them entirely. I wouldn't be surprised if travel restrictions are removed entirely this month. Vaccine supply is dramatically increasing, and it shouldn't take long to be out of the scarcity phase entirely. In fact by the end of May, just 3 months from now, there will be enough supply for all adults. This is the beginning of the end of this nightmare.
I hope you are right
I think these mutations might put the brakes on all the optimism

I am optimistic, but IMO, it is the rate of vaccination versus the rate of the more aggressive mutations spreading.

Once enough are vaccinated, the mutations will have less chance to spread or develop.

And I have noticed over the past few weeks that I have gone from only knowing a few older folks who have had vaccines to it moving down/around to others even with my closer circle.

The three Ws until we get to 70% of population vaccination : )

I read that as long as you've been vaxed the variants won't be as bad. As in yo might get sick but not to the point of needing to be hospitalized. Guess it makes sense?

I hope you are right
Some experts pushed the variant narrative hard back in December/January in an attempt to get people to recommit to suppression efforts. It did not work. In fact it backfired horribly, leading to people being more hesitant to take the vaccine. I'm just not convinced at this point that there is some impending "mutation apocalypse".

Back