Coronavirus and Skiing

I realized today that I really miss the social aspect of non-COVID skiing. I miss chatting with other skiers and boarders on the lift. Skiers and boarders are usually just so happy to be out skiing and are usually so positive. Unless, they're being truthful about conditions, of course. ;)
i am also with you. ski all day by myself but usually find someone to put up with me on the lift

Anyone have a good COVID face mask suggestion for skiing? I think the one I have is breathable so might not be good protection.
I bought these ... I've been pretty happy with them so far ... they're pretty comfortable ... I assume the filters are effective, but of course, who knows for sure.

Anyone have a good COVID face mask suggestion for skiing? I think the one I have is breathable so might not be good protection.
There are some ideas in this thread:

I've been reasonably happy with the Evo Arc Dynamax Dana. Has a shape that keeps it away from the mouth. So doesn't feel bad when it's a little damp. Getting hard to find though.

So, just like that our MLK trip is back on, and I’m more excited for the ski season. Much to Benny’s chagrin, WF opened up weekend and holiday ticket sales through April. Picked up tickets for MLK and Pres Day weekends.

So, just like that our MLK trip is back on, and I’m more excited for the ski season. Much to Benny’s chagrin, WF opened up weekend and holiday ticket sales through April. Picked up tickets for MLK and Pres Day weekends.
Sounds like they intend on opening up Wilmington by then if they released extra tickets.

Yikes
Up in Sullivan county
I used to live 8 miles from that ski area and never thought of skiing because it goes along rte 17

Story here:
"Someone who recently went skiing in the Hudson Valley later tested positive for COVID-19.

Hope Governmento does not stop ski because of this

Covid is skiing at every major resort, just like it's shopping at your grocery store, but because of the precautions in place, it's not likely to spread in either setting. This could've happened at any business.

At the first Buffalo Bills playoff game, they tested everyone who wanted to attend and about 2% tested positive. That means about 1 in 50 had it at the time. If there are 1000 skiers at a resort on a given day, then about 20 would statistically have it. Every business would be closed if they were required to close because someone there tested positive.

I believe they overreacted by closing. They were not required to or even asked to. This was a guest, not an employee. If an employee tests positive, it's a much bigger problem because they could've exposed other employees who now have to quarantine. If enough are taken out, it could close a resort temporarily, as happened at Hunter at the beginning of the month.

Last edited:
Back