Coronavirus and Skiing

No, it's neither. If the exposure was one day, and then you close 4 days later, it doesn't do anything to reduce exposure. It's not bad optics to stay open when there is minimal risk to guests and staff. If you remember his blog post, Harvey tested positive just days after skiing at Gore. They did not close because of it. There would be no businesses open if they closed every time someone who went there tested positive.

Reactions: MC2
Testing positive and being contagious are different. Normally the damage has already been done once it's discovered one has tested positive.

That junk is everywhere out here.

I’m quarantining right now from likely exposure from my coworker last week. I just found out but have skied the last few days. If I feel ok tomorrow I’m going to tour but keep some distance from my partners. I’d get tested but they are all closed because of the storm. We have gotten like 3 feet in town the last 24 and 4+ feet at the area.

I’m 99.99% sure I had the vid last January. All of my signs and symptoms lined up. I’m feeling fine right now so I think I have antibodies but there’s know way to really know.

I agree with Sno, you do what you can to protect people but we can’t stop living all together. That’s just crazy.

That junk is everywhere out here.
I’m quarantining right now from likely exposure from my coworker last week.
I’m 99.99% sure I had the vid last January. All of my signs and symptoms lined up. I’m feeling fine right now so I think I have antibodies but there’s know way to really know.
I agree with Sno, you do what you can to protect people but we can’t stop living all together. That’s just crazy.
RA, Might not be 99.99% sure but had a weird thing last winter early Feb. Sore throat, really tired, sweats, ... (weird stuff never felt before). The bat poo flu thing wasn't mentioned much then. Neighbor had clots and ended up in the VA on oxygen around the same time. We are all fine now for old farts. Ate some coldeze with zinc, vitamin C and slept. Who knows.

Over the last few months I’ve had two close friends die of heart attacks. One 38 and the other a 43 year old female.

I just put aspirin in my back country med kit.

Im if we concentrated on the 80% of the people that die from covid-100%of the 80% would be vaccinated right now.

Over the last few months I’ve had two close friends die of heart attacks. One 38 and the other a 43 year old female.

I just put aspirin in my back country med kit.
Neighbor just told me a person he went to hunting camp (card playing, drinking beer and BS-ing) with just died @ 57 tested +. Friend I golf with up here is getting a brain-MRI done in Naples Fla. due to neurological stuff going on. Don’t think he’s been tested for the vid. Hope it’s resolvable.

Neighbor just told me a person he went to hunting camp (card playing, drinking beer and BS-ing) with just died @ 57 tested +. Friend I golf with up here is getting a brain-MRI done in Naples Fla. due to neurological stuff going on. Don’t think he’s been tested for the vid. Hope it’s resolvable.
Yup. It seems like there’s a lot of weird, possible side effects from the vid. It’s hard to say I guess, the data isn’t there yet but I think there’s something to it, something we are just beginning to understand.

There have been several outbreaks (2+ cases at the same location) at ski resorts out west in the last six weeks. None have caused an open resort to shut down lifts. There was a delay of Opening Day for a small mountain in CA by a few days when employees tested positive. The best public info is for Colorado. Resort employees have included ski instructors, lodging staff, and others.

Many states have managed to document and do contact tracing for outbreaks at small businesses. Usual approach for a restaurant is to close for a week or two. At least that was the happening Jun-Nov when I was paying closer attention.

Back