Masks for Skiing in 2020/2021

Harvey

Administrator
I keep thinking someone is going to make a good mask specifically for skiing, but I haven't seen one.

I've seen a few advertised as such, but nothing that really seems to make sense to me.

Anyone seen anything good? Not interested in anything single ply or with an exhale vent.

ETA: Please post links of masks you like.

Last edited:
Not specific to skiing, but some Ski Divas are going to give the Primal 2.0 a try. Has a frame and a changeable filter.

I was eavesdropping on Mrs SnoBunSki’s instructor zoom the other night and folks spoke highly of the under armor ($$$} Adidas and outdoor research. The OR has washable filters. Gonna stick with the buff for now, I don’t think you need to be masked while actually skiiing and it’s easier and more comfortable to put Up and down

I don't think I'll wear a mask while actually skiing: it limits one's field of vision.

At Caberfae Peaks in Michigan, their policy for masks or neck gators is while you are in line for the lift or in the lodge or rental department you have to wear a mask. Once on the lift you can take it off because they will not force anyone not in your group to ride with you. also while you ski you can take it off also.

I was eavesdropping on Mrs SnoBunSki’s instructor zoom the other night and folks spoke highly of the under armor ($$$} Adidas and outdoor research. The OR has washable filters. Gonna stick with the buff for now, I don’t think you need to be masked while actually skiiing and it’s easier and more comfortable to put Up and down
I wear a OR at work
To warm but outside it might work well

The bike parks required them too
Nobody enforced the mask policy.

Back