Coronavirus and Skiing

The people who aren’t happy are the ones who bought multi passes that has them going to other states to ski, they were not smart buying that type of pass during a pandemic same with those talking about flying to ski, at least that keeps the knuckleheads off the slopes
Ikon and epic passes can be pushed off to the 2021-2022 ski season.

Can I consider skiing medical treatment? It is imperative to my physical and mental well being!
Funny. I suggested this subject as a blog post recently- more as a counter argument to those dismissing skiing as a rich people problem then as a loophole in the travel rules though. Without it I will need to start seeing a therapist for sure.

I was hoping the bike would help me through but I'm already sick of riding in the fncking dark and it's not even cold out yet...

Killington is doing a great job of running things keeping lifts loading with ease no lines Monday a little today, they are pumping out copious amounts of snow! and will expand terrain quickly, they get a trail covered good and move on, looking forward to ropes dropping and hitting a freshly opened trail with their “white gold”
yesturday the conditions were like sugar corn powder , today it’s more like mid winter conditions sweet machine made gold, jerry gold!

I was gonna go ski today but hiking sounded so much easier. With one run opened that is basically a green circle I’m struggling to find motivation. Maybe we’ll get up this week sometime. The reservations thing is going to force us to be there early on days we want to ski, I’m not really into that unless there’s powder skiing. It’s a good year for mountain biking in the desert.

Does anybody know the current rules pertaining to Pennsylvania? NYers allowed in/out? Vice versa?
Against the rules unless you had a Covid test within 3 days. But I live right near the NJ/PA border and know people who have made the trip. They are not checking cars at the bridges.

Brownski, you can go ski in PA...but you need to have a negative test within 72 hours of entering PA, as per current PA guidelines that went into effect Nov. 20. Make it a day trip and there are few hoops you are supposed to jump thru on the NY side.

On the NY side, the quarantine and testing requirements instituted by NY in October were further clarified in a memo dated November 3rd.

PA is a contiguous state and travelers from PA (along with NJ, CT, MA, and VT) are not subject to the requirements. A NY resident leaving NY is subject to certain requirements, depending upon how long they were outside of NY.

To be clear, regardless of who you are or where you are from, you can travel anywhere you want....but you will have to fill out the traveler form and will be subject to a 14 day quarantine upon entering NY.....unless (meaning you can avoid the 14 quarantine requirement if) you fit certain categories....

1) You are a NY resident and you leave NY for less than 24 hours. No need for negative test to return, no required quarantine upon return. You do, however, have to fill out the traveler form upon re-entry and obtain a diagnostic test on the 4th day after arriving home. At least that’s what the current requirements say you should do.

2) You are a NY resident and you leave NY for more than 24 hours, or you are traveling to NY from a non-contiguous state. Fill out the traveler form. To avoid the 14 day quarantine...get a negative test result within 3 days of arrival, quarantine for 3 days after arrival, get a negative test result the 4th day. Do that and you are free and clear. Don’t and quarantine for 14 days.

The PA requirements are worse in some ways, but better in others. Generally a 14 day quarantine requirement upon entering PA unless you get a negative test within 72 hours of arrival. Worse in that there is no contiguous state exception from PA testing or quarantine requirements. Slightly better in that if you get a negative test within 72 hours of arriving in/returning to PA there are no further requirements, unlike NY. Failure to comply with the PA guidelines only threatens a fine of between $25 and $300. NY threatens much greater fines, potentially on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Back