Coronavirus and Skiing

Does anybody know the current rules pertaining to Pennsylvania? NYers allowed in/out? Vice versa?

I can sleep in the back of my Jetta Sportwagen, but when you get skis, wax boxes, food etc in there, it gets cramped.
I lied down in mine the other day. Seems fine esp with a small air pad. And, I was also thinking a roof pod would make it even more comfy by getting the skis etc up top.

Does anybody know the current rules pertaining to Pennsylvania? NYers allowed in/out? Vice versa?
No exemption for NY folks as far as I can tell when it comes to PA travel restrictions. Folks who live in DC and usually ski in PA are not happy.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.58.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.01.02 PM.png

The people who aren’t happy are the ones who bought multi passes that has them going to other states to ski, they were not smart buying that type of pass during a pandemic same with those talking about flying to ski, at least that keeps the knuckleheads off the slopes

No exemption for NY folks as far as I can tell when it comes to PA travel restrictions. Folks who live in DC and usually ski in PA are not happy.

View attachment 6815
View attachment 6816
Yea I was disappointed when I heard the guidance was not similar to NY regarding contiguous states, I am in NEPA and typically back and forth to NJ and NY fairly often... but I can drive 250 miles to Pittsburgh!

I was hoping the same thing Gorgo. The states are contiguous after all. I wouldn’t spend tons of time at it but Shawnee would be good for a couple days with the boys, since it’s on the Indy Pass. There are a few further west I’ve never been to that look kind of interesting too.

So is it the mountains that you are worried about blowing you in or the rules themselves? Seems to me you could head over and head back in the same day as safely as visiting your mother in a nursing home.

Can I consider skiing medical treatment? It is imperative to my physical and mental well being!
I have two dilemma's, skiing NY ski hills / BCxCD trails and helping my daughter work on a house she just closed on in joisey. Both would have minimal contact and risk with anyone as tj mentions above.
I guess every trip will be an ethical question...

I’m not really worried about anything. I guess it doesn’t matter either way. You’re right that when push comes to shove I’ll probably just use my best judgement anyway.

Back