Coronavirus and Skiing

I see it as guidance. The govt is negligent if they don't give guidance.

Enforcement will never happen. There is no appetite for it. And honestly no upside to doing it.

Be a great meme, cops dragging granny out of the house as she curses them with a turkey leg.
LMAO!

What do you say to the family of 13?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Cuomo didn't need a pandemic to overstep his authority, that was just a bonus for him, but you should still follow science based health advice, and apply whatever social sanction you can to those who don't.

mm

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cuomo didn't need a pandemic to overstep his authority, that was just a bonus for him, but you should still follow science based health advice, and apply whatever social sanction you can to those who don't.

mm

Agree. I follow all guidelines because I believe they help, but to tell a family how to gather for a holiday is beyond F'd up, imo. That should be left up to the family.

I follow all guidelines because I believe they help, but to tell a family how to gather for a holiday is beyond F'd up, imo. That should be left up to the family.
It is a leadership reponsibility to tell you what is necessary to control rona, however unpleasant that is. Failing to follow scientifically sound advice is irresponsible and should be subject at least to social sanction, and to police enforcement in only the most egregious cases, as in spring break parties.

mm

Agree. I follow all guidelines because I believe they help, but to tell a family how to gather for a holiday is beyond F'd up, imo. That should be left up to the family.
Of course it’s up to the families and unenforceable. Hopefully it will make people rethink their plans and do the smart thing.
it’s only one meal. Is it really worth the risk?

Of course it’s up to the families and unenforceable. Hopefully it will make people rethink their plans and do the smart thing.
it’s only one meal. Is it really worth the risk?

The risk is up to all those involved. I believe most people will be smart about it, I know we are. We aren't getting together as a family this year, my point is that was our choice. I take issue for the government to come out and mandate it though. That's my issue. IMO he has overstepped what his responsibilities are.

The risk is up to all those involved. I believe most people will be smart about it, I know we are. We aren't getting together as a family this year, my point is that was our choice. I take issue for the government to come out and mandate it though. That's my issue. IMO he has overstepped what his responsibilities are.
No. The risk that private actions will spread the virus is a public health concern, and by all the evidence most people do stupid things all the time. The only thing andrew did wrong was to add some vague and unworkable threats of enforcement, which gave local elected sheriffs the opportunity to criticize him, which has been their favorite thing to do for years now. andrew should have seen that coming. All that just politicizes what should be a scientific issue, and undermines the credibility of leadership. Politicizing and insisting on some "freedom" to spread infection will only prolong the pandemic.
Wash your hands, wear a mask, avoid indoor gatherings, get vaccinated at the first opportunity and life will go back to some sort of normal. Reject to all that and we all live with rona forever. Which path leads to "freedom"?

mm

Last edited:
No. The risk that private actions will spread the virus is a public health concern, and by all the evidence most people do stupid things all the time. The only thing andrew did wrong was to add some vague and unworkable threats of enforcement, which gave local elected sheriffs the opportunity to criticize him, which has been their favorite thing to do for years now. andrew should have seen that coming. All that just politicizes what should be a scientific issue, and undermines the credibility of leadership. Politicizing and insisting on some "freedom" to spread infection will only prolong the pandemic.
Wash your hands, wear a mask, avoid indoor gatherings, get vaccinated at the first opportunity and life will go back to some sort of normal. Reject to all that and we all live with rona forever. Which path leads to "freedom"?

mm

Yes

We disagree

Good talk

Really? WTF! Supporting science based public health policies during a pandemic is the same as drinking the suicidal koolade? I don't see any way to close that gap.

mm
Give me the facts, I as an adult will disseminate them and act accordingly as to how to protect my family. Your lover boy was saying that masks don't help in February when every Asian nation in the world was wearing them. Needless to say my family was wearing masks before your king told you to. You notice he deferred his pay raise.... he should make it clear if things clear up he will be taking it in the future. The slippery shit I can do without. I think your IQ is higher than mine MM, most peoples in here are. However people need to take personal responsibility, being told what you can do really dumbs people down. You know how to stay safe.

Last edited:
Back