Coronavirus and Skiing

Not exactly skiing related, but yea it kind of is:
Yep, any state with ski resorts that ends up in lock down in the next month is related to skiing. Going to happen in Mountain West states. The question is for how long.

Colorado stands a much better chance of re-gaining control because they actually have a public health plan by county that makes sense. CO had an actual first wave in the spring. UT, WY, ID, NM thought they were doing fine, when in fact they weren't as far back as July. Looking very nasty in those states. NM has the problem of being next to El Paso, one of the worst hit areas of TX. In the summer NM had to deal with AZ as a neighbor, but managed to keep control through early September.

Here's a look at the death trends in states with destination ski resorts in the Rockies. Does not look good. Took the snapshots on CovidActNow on Nov. 14. Hospitals in all four states are hurting. ID and WY really don't have that much bed capacity or trained staff to deal with many COVID-19 patients.

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 2.55.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 2.54.51 PM.png

How Loveland started educating people on the differences for this season. The dogs have starring roles almost the entire video. :)

NYS doesn't want you to have more than 10 people in your house for Thanksgiving but Whiteface potentially opens the day after Thanksgiving ?:confused:

No PD is enforcing that stupid law, or at least around here they aren't. They've made it very clear that T-day and the amount of people at your house is clearly up to the family, as it should be.

NYS doesn't want you to have more than 10 people in your house for Thanksgiving but Whiteface potentially opens the day after Thanksgiving ?:confused:
I think it is more about being inside with a bunch of people. However my personal opinion (and everyone can have their own) I dont think anyone should be telling you who can and cant be in your home.

Back