Coronavirus and Skiing

No PD is enforcing that stupid law, or at least around here they aren't. They've made it very clear that T-day and the amount of people at your house is clearly up to the family, as it should be.
I think it is more about being inside with a bunch of people. However my personal opinion (and everyone can have their own) I dont think anyone should be telling you who can and cant be in your home.
It is the job of the leadership to consult the science and tell you what is necessary to control the pandemic. The pandemic is the ultimate we're-all-in-the-same-boat problem. Ignoring evidence based policies is a not an allowable personal choice, it's public health hazard. I have no problem with sending the cops to enforce public health policies if people don't comply, but it wouldn't be necessary if more people had confidence in the political leadership.

mm

It is the job of the leadership to consult the science and tell you what is necessary to control the pandemic. The pandemic is the ultimate we're-all-in-the-same-boat problem. Ignoring evidence based policies is a not an allowable personal choice, it's public health hazard. I have no problem with sending the cops to enforce public health policies if people don't comply, but it wouldn't be necessary if more people had confidence in the political leadership.

mm
Boy Jim Jones would have loved you. There are the two extremes both groups need to come a little closer together.

Boy Jim Jones would have loved you. There are the two extremes both groups need to come a little closer together.
Really? WTF! Supporting science based public health policies during a pandemic is the same as drinking the suicidal koolade? I don't see any way to close that gap.

mm

Last edited:
I see it as guidance. The govt is negligent if they don't give guidance.

Enforcement will never happen. There is no appetite for it. And honestly no upside to doing it.

Be a great meme, cops dragging granny out of the house as she curses them with a turkey leg.

My post was meant as a dichotomy .....NYS telling people not to congregate at their homes for a holiday but potentially congregating at a NYS "money making" facility the day after. Seems odd is all.

Enforcement will never happen. There is no appetite for it. And honestly no upside to doing it.

Be a great meme, cops dragging granny out of the house as she curses them with a turkey leg.

I got a good laugh out of this one

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 20.05.56.jpg

If enough people had confidence in the guidance, peer pressure would be enough to enforce it. I agree that actual police enforcement is impossible and counterproductive, but we are in an unusual place when the reality of a virus is a political issue, and not simply a scientific one.

mm

My post was meant as a dichotomy .....NYS telling people not to congregate at their homes for a holiday but potentially congregating at a NYS "money making" facility the day after. Seems odd is all.
I'm not so sure WF will be a money maker this season, but outdoor recreation is important and probably reduces contagion. Outdoor activity should be encouraged. Locking everyone up in their homes, the way some European countris have done, is just stochastic assisted suicide.

mm

Last edited:

mm

What do you say to the family of 13?

Sorry, but Cuomo has WAY overstepped his authority on this one. You'd really call the cops on that family?? Some neighbor.

Back