Coronavirus and Skiing

I was at Stratton on Saturday, and I noticed that there weren't as many tables in the lodge Sun Bowl lodge as there were before, presumably for covid reasons. I really don't understand the logic in this. Those who are afraid of being in lodges are going to avoid them no matter what. The rest of us would like a place to sit. I normally have lunch at 11, which isn't the busiest time, and I literally couldn't find a spot inside, and ended up eating outside, despite it being 16 degrees.
Did you have Cheese with that Whine ?

camper is obviously trolling, which makes him a troll
I'll show you a troll, Mr. If that's what you you want. I can do that. Want some?
I have zero tolerance for whinny lil bitches complaining they can't find a seat to eat their lunch, at a ski area, on the weekend, during a pandemic. No shit! Of course you can't, and nobody gives a hoot about it.

I'll show you a troll, Mr. If that's what you you want. I can do that. Want some?
My guess is people who were here during the run up to the 2016 election/politicrap/MC vs peetex/witch and johnny’s meme-a-thon have a different scale of what constitutes “trolling”.

camper is obviously trolling, which makes him a troll
Interesting post…

There is internet trolling, and then there is calling someone out on their shit. Granted, neither one is all that productive..but they are different.

So I'll be in Utah later this week and next week and I'll be skiing several different mountains. I have no idea what Utah or the ski resorts out there are doing or not doing pertaining to covid, masking, lodge capacity, table spacing, lift loading etc. But here's a 100% guarantee for you all--- I will not be complaining about covid protocols or lack thereof.

While I'm a fiercely independent person I also know that when I'm around others that it's not all about me.
My buddy is at the bird.
Zero masking or anything biz as usual.

popcorn.jpg

My buddy is at the bird.
Zero masking or anything biz as usual.
Oh no I guess my trip is off! I'll just have to eat the deposit for everything... hopefully I can find a place to sit to eat it. It's so unfair the world is against me. :ROFLMAO:

My guess is people who were here during the run up to the 2016 election/politicrap/MC vs peetex/witch and johnny’s meme-a-thon have a different scale of what constitutes “trolling”.
Those were the dayZ ;)
I always laugh when someone says "troll". The old RSN forum is where I cut my teeth and got my teeth kicked in. It was brutal fun, but some couldn't take the brutal....lol

Marz, any idea what the % chance of getting it while at opposite ends of a quad, even if stopped? I have to think it's low fractions of 1%.....
Risk is very low outdoors in general. Especially when on a moving chair for under 10 minutes. The fact that Massanutten ski patrol are being extra careful isn't that surprising because many are older, meaning over 50. There are a lot of volunteer patrollers, especially on weekends.

Last season Massanutten instructors were not allowed to ride with a student on the triple. But it was okay to be on opposite sides of a quad. That was when masking was required on lifts.

Massanutten employees are masking indoors. Totally mixed bag for the customers. Note that at times, half of the people inside the ski rental shop or the lodge are not going to get onto the slopes at all. They are parents/grandparents bringing their kids to ski. While there are fewer people hanging out at a table all day, there are still people who are around for quite a few hours. Given the market for Mnut, my guess is that over 90% are fully vaccinated. Especially during a holiday weekend. Harder to say about locals.

Back