Coronavirus and Skiing

Camp, you're a troll and nothing more. You've added nothing to this conversation.

The situation I described is one of many that shows why mitigation measures are pointless. Mask mandates and limits on seating in lodges are there to make those who are concerned about getting covid comfortable inside. In reality, those who are most cautious avoid the lodges anyways, and it just inconveniences everyone else.

Camp, you're a troll and nothing more. You've added nothing to this conversation.

The situation I described is one of many that shows why mitigation measures are pointless. Mask mandates and limits on seating in lodges are there to make those who are concerned about getting covid comfortable inside. In reality, those who are most cautious avoid the lodges anyways, and it just inconveniences everyone else.
Sno, Camper has been a contributing member of assorted ski forums since you were literally in diapers. There have been loads of trolls that have come and gone (and often they pop back up!) at the various versions of this place over the years. Camp ain’t one of them.

camper is obviously trolling, which makes him a troll
Hello. Welcome. Great first post.

We all troll from time to time……mining for humor mostly. Camp also contributes details of his wife’s work, his frustrations with the changing policies at his own job. And I’m sure he travels in a crowd that contains plenty of covid skeptics. His opinion, perspective, and tactics come with the weight of years of online experience.

So I'll be in Utah later this week and next week and I'll be skiing several different mountains. I have no idea what Utah or the ski resorts out there are doing or not doing pertaining to covid, masking, lodge capacity, table spacing, lift loading etc. But here's a 100% guarantee for you all--- I will not be complaining about covid protocols or lack thereof.

While I'm a fiercely independent person I also know that when I'm around others that it's not all about me.

Sno, when you were in the lodge at Stratton, did you make any attempt to identify other covid skeptics (like you do in gondola lines) and ask to use a seat at the end of their table to eat your chicken fingers, french fries, and orange soda?

Back