Coronavirus and Skiing

From last season but still relevant in some ways even the though state graph is from 2020. This is from the Mt. Hood Meadows website. Idea is that the person on the left is infectious. For 2022 consider that the two people are indoors when near each other.

View attachment 11863
Same graph does not apply to Omicron with cloth and surgical masks - essentially useless given how fast Omicron spreads

I usually try to get in the gondola with people who look like they aren't going to care about masks, and I'm usually quite successful at it. That backfired today as I ended up with a group of 6 that insisted on smoking pot the whole ride. Yuck.
Did you tell them they would be going to hell?

Today in Hinterlandia. Signs of the times. Sigh. The numbers refer to doors of the the lodge and there was a friendly dude hanging out under the red tent greeting everyone and handing out masks to those that were lacking. Or slacking.

Signs 1.jpg
Signs 2.jpg

I was at Loon today which by what is stated on the website has the most stringent covid rules at any eastern resort. In practice, none of it is enforced, outdoors or even indoors for that matter. But I guess trying to board an open air quad with ski school is now a cardinal sin (liftie and instructor yelled at me). Keep in mind this is something they used to ask people to do, so they had an adult on every chair who could reach the safety bar.

I was at Loon today which by what is stated on the website has the most stringent covid rules at any eastern resort. In practice, none of it is enforced, outdoors or even indoors for that matter. But I guess trying to board an open air quad with ski school is now a cardinal sin (liftie and instructor yelled at me). Keep in mind this is something they used to ask people to do, so they had an adult on every chair who could reach the safety bar.
Really unfortunate that this whole pandemic thing is preventing you from riding lifts with unaccompanied minors. At least you were spared from those rascals toking up on the lift with you.

I use the singles line, so I'm usually the target of hypochondriacs to block people out of their chair. Here, I'm pointing out that something that used to be common practice is now strictly forbidden. It's confusing because anyone who is in a group lesson is riding a lift with strangers the whole time. But a single rider? Nope that's too risky.

I use the singles line, so I'm usually the target of hypochondriacs to block people out of their chair. Here, I'm pointing out that something that used to be common practice is now strictly forbidden. It's confusing because anyone who is in a group lesson is riding a lift with strangers the whole time. But a single rider? Nope that's too risky.
Anything else of earth shattering proportions that you wish to cry about ?

This is the thread where I criticize dumb covid rules that I encounter at the various ski resorts I visit. Just because I bring something up here doesn't mean it ruined my whole day. It just means I found it noteworthy enough to mention. I find it disconcerting how there is a mentality that all covid rules are infallible and must never be questioned.

Yeah ok ? . H'mm you do know that you Don't have to swing at EVERY pitch ?

I looked at Loons website and it said singles will not be combined with other groups and that singles will be loaded together. It also said that twosomes will not be loaded with other twosomes. Okay so maybe the lessons are being inconsistent and that really irritates you? Furthermore you're calling others "blocking singles" hypochondriacs? Maybe those people are just trying to follow the published rules because they have respect for the operators trying to make things work... ever think of that?

Back