Coronavirus and Skiing

This map tracks which Vermont towns have enacted mask mandates. They must be voted on by the town select boards every 30 days to remain in effect. Additionally, all mandates must expire by April 30. The map also shows towns that voted on a mask mandate but didn't pass it, passed a partial mandate, or decided not to vote on it at all.

This map tracks which Vermont towns have enacted mask mandates. They must be voted on by the town select boards every 30 days to remain in effect. Additionally, all mandates must expire by April 30. The map also shows towns that voted on a mask mandate but didn't pass it, passed a partial mandate, or decided not to vote on it at all.
You keep going back to Vermont. They aren't a good example as they shut down. Masks are only a tool.

It's relevant for anyone planning on skiing in Vermont, and shows that even in one of the most liberal states in the country, that is having their worst wave yet, and previously had severe restrictions, that mandates are not that popular at this point.

Are the ski resorts in the northeast sending out any emails that mention COVID-19? Or changing what's on their homepage to mention changes in operations?

It's relevant for anyone planning on skiing in Vermont, and shows that even in one of the most liberal states in the country, that is having their worst wave yet, and previously had severe restrictions, that mandates are not that popular at this point.
Vermont was unique in the approach to the pandemic in 2020, even for New England. I could talk about why surges are happening in different regions/states/counties based but I won't.

In any case, what's more useful for this thread are any changes in operations for a given ski area or ski resort. Doesn't matter whether it's based on changes by the local public health or government authority or a decision by the management of the ski resort.

Greek Peak has
Interesting. Here's what pops up when going to the homepage on Dec. 15. The link goes to the very basic info from June 2021 on the Greek website.

Have there been many people masking indoors at Greek in early Dec?

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 8.52.14 AM.png

Interesting. Here's what pops up when going to the homepage on Dec. 15. The link goes to the very basic info from June 2021 on the Greek website.

Have there been many people masking indoors at Greek in early Dec?

View attachment 11307

On FB they have a link to this article and stating that all guests must wear a mask when inside. I haven't been over in quite some time so I don't know if people have been masking prior to the mandate.

On FB they have a link to this article and stating that all guests must wear a mask when inside. I haven't been over in quite some time so I don't know if people have been masking prior to the mandate.
In general, pretty clear that Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter are much more lately to have up-to-date info related to ski operations and the pandemic than webpages.

Masking indoors by everyone works to limit the chances of enough exposure for someone to get infected. With Omicron, it's pretty clear that there are far more breakthrough cases than with Delta. Most likely most Omicron breakthrough cases will be mild, even for people who have symptoms. However, there will be far more detected by testing and even more will go undetected. If people are sensible (hah!) then the ski season could be reasonably normal . . . assuming it starts snowing.

Back