Coronavirus and Skiing

I'm not advocating for "doing nothing". State and local governments should make it as easy as possible to get vaccinated/boosted, make treatments like monoclonal antibodies easily accessible for those who do get sick, and expand hospital capacity where needed. These are not restrictions, but they are actions that will save lives. This is largely what Colorado and Vermont have done to manage the current wave.
Don't forget that VT shut their state off. I believe we'd be much better off if all states did that as well as countries did as well.
You can increase hospital capacity all you want. That won't do anyone any good until there's more workers to take care of the sick.

I'm not sure that's right. There's a difference between "transmission" and "peak cases." Anecdotally, cases have increased rapidly around here recently, expecially in Warren, Essex and Washington counties. The time to intervene is when you expect exponential growth in cases. By the time you have the data to prove you have exponential growth, it's too late to do much about it. We will be in full pandemic reaction mode until everyone accepts that random debilitating disease and horrible death are acceptable risks and the new normal. Some will accept that sooner than others. mm

I know what Vermont did last year. It was a zero covid strategy. It caused too much collateral damage, and only delayed the inevitable, which was a large spike that stressed hospitals. This has happened everywhere in the world that thought they controlled it at first. Even New Zealand and Australia realized their zero covid strategies didn't work and moved away from them.

Holy crap people 4 pages. Do I need to read it all or are you all behaving?

Please don't make me! There is potential for snow!

The crisis is burnout among most healthcare professionals nationwide AND the intellectually challenged Anti Vaxxers .

These two phenomenon when combined are the perfect storm when dealing with any potential EFFECTIVE containment of any emerging variants .

The fact remains There WILL be more given the fucking intragent Insipid Anti Vax crowd who think only of themselves.

Sorry I have Zero tolerance for this group now after almost a year .

I have some of these ignoramuses in my extended family so don't think my words are coddled in self aggrandizing egotism.

The only way these fools MAY comply is if they experience death of a loved one .

In the meantime Let them pay through the fucking nose for ANY hospital stay ,for ANY health insurance coverage.

Tough measures ?? Not Tough enough .Healthcare is in crisis because of these turds

Last edited:
The crisis is burnout among most healthcare professional AND the intellectual challenged Anti Vaxxers . These two phenomenon are the perfect storm when dealing with the EFFECTIVE containment of any emerging variants and there WILL be more given the fucking intragent Insipid Anti Vax cretins .

Sorry I have Zero tolerance for this group now after almost a year .I have some of these ignoramuses in my extended family so don't think my words are coddled in self aggrandizing egotism

The only way these fools MAY comply is if they experience death of a loved one . Let these fools pay through the fucking nose for ANY hospital stay ,for ANY health insurance coverage.

Tough measures ?? Not Tough enough .Healthcare is in crisis because of these turds

Don't forget that VT shut their state off. I believe we'd be much better off if all states did that as well as countries did as well.
You can increase hospital capacity all you want. That won't do anyone any good until there's more workers to take care of the sick.
I was just about to post this^^
It’s not like you can add some beds and call it good. Especially in rural places.
I'm not advocating for "doing nothing". State and local governments should make it as easy as possible to get vaccinated/boosted, make treatments like monoclonal antibodies easily accessible for those who do get sick, and expand hospital capacity where needed. These are not restrictions, but they are actions that will save lives. This is largely what Colorado and Vermont have done to manage the current wave.
I thought it was easy to get the shot. It was when I got it. Not sure how they can make it easier. Am I missing something? Maybe something has changed? Do the restrictions you are referring to include wearing masks? My understanding is that they are very much necessary especially for the unvaccinated.

Since this is the ‘coronavirus and skiing’ thread I would like to point out that I had a great season last year despite ‘restrictions’. Yesterday when I went skiing I forgot all about the pandemic until I saw a couple people wearing masks while they were skiing. All in all life is good for what we are collectively going through. No complaints here. In fact, I would be down for a lockdown or more restrictions if it meant knocking this whole thing out. The problem I see is not the guidelines but people not following them.

Last edited:
intellectual challenged
fucking intragent Insipid cretins
ignoramuses
fools fools turds
Dude I get that you are passionate on this topic. But this isn't helping.

Maybe it's not fair to single this out. This thread has 5 new pages, that I probably need to read, and didn't. Maybe there is other language in those pages that is similar to the above. I could read it all, post my own "thoughtful" input. Whatever this is my first free moment. The easiest thing for me would be to lock it.

LOOK, I also wish everyone would get vaccinated. I think life would be easier and cheaper for all. But every single person vaxed or not, is a human, with real reasons for making the choice to vax or not. Nobody is resisting to piss you off. They are doing it because they think it is the best thing for them.

Demeaning those people is not part of the solution.

And if you're going to call out people's intelligence it's good idea to stick the landing on the punctuation and spelling.

Well, this just sucks. Cornell has had 906 cases in the past week, primarily undergrads.As far as I know, they are the only ones required to test. I have walked by grad student offices and seen them hanging out with no masks.

Cornell is seeing the OhMiGawd variant among its students. I guess we still have a way to go. The fact that "a very high percentage" are omicron is news to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/us/cornell-university-covid-cases/index.html

Back