Building a House with Wood

Pissed Mrs No Bueno.

I will ask about it supply issues. I'd thought we were in good shape after we finally got our trusses, but who knows.

Pissed Mrs No Bueno.

I will ask about it supply issues. I'd thought we were in good shape after we finally got our trusses, but who knows.
There’s still supply chain issues...
Don’t get me started.
But I wish the dang car would...

The hardest part of this whole job is picking the damn colors.
not even close. Who is laying out the location of your ceiling cans(lights), outlets and light switches? total pain in the ass. if you whiff on a color, you just repaint. If you screw up the location of your electric, you live with it. good luck

not even close. Who is laying out the location of your ceiling cans(lights), outlets and light switches? total pain in the ass. if you whiff on a color, you just repaint. If you screw up the location of your electric, you live with it. good luck

Maybe I should have said "so far."

Seems like the smart thing is to buy the siding prepainted. I'm guessing that would be more durable, less likely to peel early. So pick a color, then pick a trim color, and then pick a roof color. Certainly don't want to pay to repaint a bunch of new siding that I just paid more for, because it's prepainted. Then you choose a roof color to work with it. No way you are changing that either.

What's your advice on locating cans, outlets and light switches?

Maybe I should have said "so far."

Seems like the smart thing is to buy the siding prepainted. I'm guessing that would be more durable, less likely to peel early. So pick a color, then pick a trim color, and then pick a roof color. Certainly don't want to pay to repaint a bunch of new siding that I just paid more for, because it's prepainted. Then you choose a roof color to work with it. No way you are changing that either.

What's your advice on locating cans, outlets and light switches?
my advice is letting your wife deal with the colors. Outlets have to be to code. I believe 6 foot apart. add extras in areas where you think you will be heavy in electronics or home office. Not sure if you considered wall or floor outlets for lamps. You may want those on switches as well. The ceiling cans are difficult, especially in great rooms. I laid them out on the floor first and measured between them to make sure they were symmetrical. walk around the house with wife and anyone else's opinion you value to layout switches out. consider flow and how you will come and go from rooms. might turn a light on entering kitchen and want to turn it off exiting in another direction. Same with hallways. I spent a great deal of time working through these layouts. oh don't forget the ceiling speakers. At this point you are all in. place should be rocking.

Both of us are struggling with colors. I want some contrast between the roof and siding and I want a roof color that is not too dark, but not white either.

Sounds like I should invite you for a visit when the subfloor is in.

Both of us are struggling with colors. I want some contrast between the roof and siding and I want a roof color that is not too dark, but not white either.

Sounds like I should invite you for a visit when the subfloor is in.
sounds good. I just went through this and am fixing all my mistakes now. can definitely share what i screwed up. just a side note, all your cameras, ring and whatever, need power also.

my advice is letting your wife deal with the colors.
Both of us are struggling with colors.
My money says yer wife wins...if yer a smart man.
Yer just prolonging the struggle by yer struggling.
It’s why there’s so many colors of paint nowadaze.
Sig is a wise man. They’ve been known to come around at Christmastime.

Back