Building a House with Wood

I'm almost ready to start on my kitchen remodel. I'm colorblind! Talk about a struggle! LoL

Exactly.

Apologies for this TMI, but I feel like I get great advice here.

The garage door is an issue. White will go with anything, but that's a pantload of white up front. If it is the only white showing anywhere (and it probably will be) it will be the visual highlight. Do I want the garage door to be the focal point?

If I go with a garage door that is off-white, that's fine but it adds a fourth color:

Siding
Trim
Roof
Garage Door

The roof, we want middle-grey, (or middle brown) half way between black and white, for looks and heat.
We want the siding to contrast with the roof but not be too light.
We want the trim to be lighter than the siding, so like a blue grey (or grey) and off white combo
We don't know WTF to do with the garage door.

I'm almost ready to start on my kitchen remodel. I'm colorblind! Talk about a struggle! LoL
I am too...Go with greys...can't go wrong...
IMG_3705.jpeg

Exactly.

The garage door is an issue. White will go with anything, but that's a pantload of white up front. If it is the only white showing anywhere (and it probably will be) it will be the visual highlight. Do I want the garage door to be the focal point?

If I go with a garage door that is off-white, that's fine but it adds a fourth color:

Siding
Trim
Roof
Garage Door

The roof, we want middle-grey, (or middle brown) half way between black and white, for looks and heat.
We want the trim to be lighter than the siding, so like a blue grey (or grey) and off white combo
Yer good with computers. Do ya have a file of the designs?
There’s some home design programs that let ya play around with virtual colors.
We played with one when we raised a roof on the joint years ago.
That tech must’ve improved since then.

Exactly.

Siding
Trim
Roof
Garage Door

IMO, this is a great thread. I also have learned a bunch!

My 2 cent, and I'll make it real easy. You guys are now in the ADK, so, just keep it Dacky!

Exactly.

Siding
Trim
Roof
Garage Door

Wow.
Back out to 30,000 feet - does it really matter? Go with white. You are welcome.
Done!

Back