Building a House with Wood

So the zip replaces the OSB or plywood. I think somebody told me that on Friday.

So the only use for OSB/plywood is sub floor and roof? Or... would you use zip for that too?
They do make a Zip panel for the roof. 5/8” thick with the brown/orange color coating.

I used it on my roof. I'm a fan of their products.
Camp, did you use felt paper, or just tape the seams and call it good? I did a roof a year ago - the house was already framed when I got there. Zip panels w/taped seams for the roof, the homeowner wanted synthetic felt over it - he was paying for it so that’s what I gave him.

Camp, did you use felt paper, or just tape the seams and call it good? I did a roof a year ago - the house was already framed when I got there. Zip panels w/taped seams for the roof, the homeowner wanted synthetic felt over it - he was paying for it so that’s what I gave him.
Just taped it

Fire in the hole! It looks like our use of explosives was productive.

Spoke to the excavators yesterday. The way the rock broke is very clean. Every piece has nice square lines, and the guys think we can use all of it for retaining walls and drainage. Also the garage is going to be 4 feet higher, sitting on a bunch of that rock. Instead of paying some dude a bunch of money to truck that $hit out of here, taking it who knows where, I'm paying two young guys that I really like, to use it. These guys are SO into this work. They told me this was the best job of their season.

rock - 1.jpeg

I just saw the zip system. They have R3 and R6 versions.

Expensive but seems better than other options for thermal bridging?

I was talking with a dealer friend of mine. He has a customer with an EV who was charging it at home and his house was hit by lightning. The car is now a total loss. The issue here is the customers ins companies (home owners and auto) are saying there's nothing that either one can do about it. Pretty wild.

How was the house? In this project we are doing there has been no discussion of lightning rods.

Who has one?

If anyone knows photoshop and is willing to help me with a project, I would pay you for your time.

Back