Belleayre Conditions

I apologize to the excellent skier (forum member) I met this morning for both missing his screen name and losing him when my wife called mid run. Nice day today - not crowded at all. Whales everywhere. Pretty sure they were blowing the lower section of the trail that no longer exists all day.
IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Why a wood fence? Whatabout using the orange netting?
The fence will be buried with snow early in the season.
Both allow for the safe assassination of powder.
The orange net stuff catches even the pros.
Wood don’t give.
Looks like the wood fence is almost full.

Is the orange fencing installed to inhibit the safe assassination of powder?

Is the wood fence a feature and/or a bug?

I watched two patrollers install it Friday morning. I’m sure it’s to slow down some unfortunate soul who flies over the wood fence after hitting the jump the groomers have unwittingly created.

I apologize to the excellent skier (forum member) I met this morning for both missing his screen name and losing him when my wife called mid run. Nice day today - not crowded at all. Whales everywhere. Pretty sure they were blowing the lower section of the trail that no longer exists all day.
View attachment 23568

View attachment 23569

View attachment 23570
That’d be me!

Great to meet you and now I don’t feel like I ditched you - I waited and looked!

Great day today, gunpowder everywhere and light crowds. They definitely have the lift ticket cap set too low when the blackout pass is blacked out and it sounds like that’s ORDA wide but not complaining!

Back at it early tomorrow.

How was it today? It looked like Deer Run was lit up top to bottom from across the way
It was nice. Not sure on Deer Run, didn’t think guns were on, but Dot was lit up top to bottom.

But I just read there was a fire or explosion of some kind at the gondola last night. Waiting on more info.

It was nice. Not sure on Deer Run, didn’t think guns were on, but Dot was lit up top to bottom.

But I just read there was a fire or explosion of some kind at the gondola last night. Waiting on more info.
Webcam shows it spinning. They’re blowing a lot of snow too.

Was there last Friday before the holiday weekend. It was windy and the gondola was on wind hold until around 3 which was great because the west side of the mountain was empty. Lodge was full all day I think alot of people were waiting or just said screw it. Conditions were really good but the only problem was the Goat Path trail. Too many people on it that don't belong there. Dodging people(and small children)snow plowing down the trail or standing in the middle around the turns.
I really had to take some extreme measures a few times to keep from wiping some people out.
Main problem I think is that the trail is different from anything else at Belleayre and narrow. If it was at Platty it would be a different story.

Back