Belleayre Conditions

Bumps were awesome yesterday. Mountain is holding up well despite the warm temps and rain but this week is going to continue to hurt.

Pretty decent crowd yesterday considering the weather including a lot of beginners. I’ve never seen more people walking down the snow carrying their board(s).

They need to do something about the corner of overlook lodge as it’s a continuing problem. Now they have instructors meeting their afternoon groups there and it blocks the whole trail, along with general public standing around.

Attachments

• IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 176
Pretty rowdy out there yesterday. Took Saturday off to do other stuff and figured it might be worth a look Sunday morning as it looked like what fell was white. Well I was wrong.

At 9 am the only lifts spinning were lightning and the magic carpet. Skied down to lightning out of boredom around 930 and rode it once. By then it looked like 7 was about to open and it finally did at 10:15.

It was a full on freezing rain storm overnight up there. The chairs/safety bar had 2-3” icicles. All of the trees at the top were encased in ice and branches were actively falling down. The wind overnight probably look a lot more branches down.

The top 1/3 of the mountain was a sheet of ice. Somewhat softer below that. The gondola ended up opening around 11:30 and they were working on getting 6 de-iced when I left a bit after 1.

Attachments

• IMG_5637.jpeg
    IMG_5637.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5638.jpeg
    IMG_5638.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 98
That's pretty cool.

Is that basically to let the relatively local community and kids enjoy? Great idea.
Yeah, I think it’s a customer appreciation thing that they do when the clocks change. Not many people were taking advantage of it. The slopes were empty. I happened to catch it last year too, on a Thursday.

3/30/23 5:08pm Peekamoose

1710347524741.jpeg

1710347586923.jpeg

Last edited:
Made it out today, lapped *Belleayre Express pretty much the whole time. Snow was sticky in places but otherwise really really fun. Lower Winnisook and Tongora were ripping! 66 degrees at the bottom of the hill in Pine Hill on the way back.

Last edited:
Back