Belleayre Conditions

Agree with Sean, not a lot to talk about. Missed a good day yesterday, due to commitment. Took a few runs , then took the long way home.
Stopped by this old place , I would have loved to ski it . Old sign at the entrance to
IMG_0964.png

IMG_0962.jpeg

the road is now gone.

It's weak that they couldn't do that job without disrupting the gondola on a weekend, but all the snowmaking trails are open and accessible without the gondola now, right? What if they hadn't made any snow all year on the steepest trail, or hadn't built the biggest terrain park for the last 3 years all because of a boarder cross competition? Then you could really complain about being Gore-d by ORDA.

mm
The problem is Belleayre now attracts so many people that having a lift down/compromised on a busy weekend makes the lift lines at all the other lifts much longer. It’s not as simple as just not using that lift. The word is out, Belleayre is doing such a good job and Hunter and Windham aren’t. All of NJ and NYC comes to Belleayre now. So many posts in the various Facebook groups and also people riding lifts “this place is great, it’s my first (or second) time here! Where should I stay next time? Where should I eat”

Yesterday was a great day, spring bumps all afternoon. Was nice to run into DomB. Skipped it today based on morning temps and it looks like it was hard as a rock with more lift issues.

Back at it early Tuesday hopefully the current model runs verify with 12”+

Legoland ain’t even open yet.
Maybe have sponsor’s for trail names if they wanna bring in coin.
It’d be less intrusive than putting cartoon caricatures glued to a cabin. Big difference from the historical write-ups on Gore’s.
Appears to be a type of Disneyfication in "The Catskill Park” administered by ORDA.
What’s next?
Looks like used as a marketing preview for Lego's Gondi grand opening...
What’s the going rate for Gondola cabin advertising sponsorships?
or was it a freebie?

Last edited:
Looks like used as a marketing preview for Lego's Gondi grand opening...
What Legoland needs is some big trees, not the little ones they planted that look tired and thirsty. There’s no shade there. They have a big hill that could be tough for some people. Maybe the new Gondi will fly over their Lego ski slope.

1708050952609.jpeg

What Legoland needs is some big plastic trees, not the little ones they planted that look tired and thirsty. There’s no shade there. They have a big hill that could be tough for some people. Maybe the new Gondi will fly over their Lego plastic ski slope.
I am so glad we have these cool newly plastic wrapped cabins.
View attachment 23345
FIFY... one word plastic...

Back