Belleayre Conditions

In my experience with snow chasing, Route 28 is relatively taken care of but, and this may be a matter of common sense, if it is snowing at say an inch or two an hour, it doesn't matter how well they are taking care of it, driving will be between difficult and dangerous.

A few times I storm chased into snow last year on 28 and I made it safely but in very dark parts of 28 with white out I literally had to drive slightly left into the rumble strip at times in low traffic and dark areas to be able to confirm location on the road.
Good to know. This looks like a mild storm, never supposed to get that heavy and should be tapering by late Sunday night. So I would think Monday morning should be ok... but feel more confident about that for the trip to Belle than Hunter.

PNG image.png

Last minute call to get up to the mountain this morning for some hot laps. Rode 9 to 11 got and managed to squeeze in 8 runs off the Belleayre Express. 29 degrees when I rolled in, snow totals seemed to vary between 8 to 12 inches on top of a very crusty groomed base or bumps depending on the trail. Visibility was poor so transitions between snow conditions were sketchy. Ungroomed terrain was slow and dense but still good turning.

20240129_094803.jpg

20240129_102116(0).jpg

Last minute call to get up to the mountain this morning for some hot laps. Rode 9 to 11 got and managed to squeeze in 8 runs off the Belleayre Express. 29 degrees when I rolled in, snow totals seemed to vary between 8 to 12 inches on top of a very crusty groomed base or bumps depending on the trail. Visibility was poor so transitions between snow conditions were sketchy. Ungroomed terrain was slow and dense but still good turning.

View attachment 22962

View attachment 22963
It is amazing how many runs you can get in without lines on an express at Belle.

Back