Belleayre Conditions

Had a rollicking time at Belle today. Lots of good snow and natural conditions all over the mountain. Light flurries most of the day.

The bumps on Yahoo, Tongora and Winnisook were quite nice. Enjoyed hitting Lift Line, Big T and Bellayre glades —a few thin spots but otherwise very manageable.

I also did some firsthand reporting of Cathedral Brook 🤫

IMG_8431.jpeg
IMG_8436.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8434.jpeg
    IMG_8434.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Got some intel from an employee. It is not patrolled and there is a rumor they took it off the map to get the acreage to put in goat path.
I don't think this is a rumor, I believe it is the official reason.

I have to say the updated mountain layout seems really good at keep crowds dispersed on the upper mountain. I happily divide my time across the express and the two quads. Goat Path opens up the middle-right part of the mountain, whereas previously your only choice was Yahoo as Utsayantha was never open and it was a pain to skate up to Algonquin. The snow in these areas has also been the most consistently good. I’ve found that if the express gets crowded you will be fine at either Overlook or Hawk quads (and frequently both).

My only non-weather related disappointment is that Dot has been neglected. The upper part has been complete hardpack every time I’ve tried it this year.

Great conditions today. It was so nice to see blue skies and sun especially with the trees frosted in natural snow. Huge crowds and the lift lines were strange. The gondola line was slammed early but very quick in the afternoon. Belleayre Express was slammed mid morning till early afternoon. Woods are in though and the natural snow was fantastic. Temps were perfect wind was nil. We don't get enough days like this in the east.

20240204_093010.jpg

20240204_093205.jpg

20240204_120752.jpg

20240204_105542.jpg

20240204_121412.jpg

Back