Belleayre Conditions

All of the greens are on one side of the bridge. There is no reason for anyone coming off the Lightning lift to cross in front of it. Once Chinook, Canyon, and Dakota are fully open, then you'll be able to get to the greens coming from the other side without crossing in front of the bridge.

There are at least 3 greens on the other side of the bridge as you mention, I am not sure how one would get to them without crossing in front of the bridge, perhaps there is a way but it isn't obvious. I'm just saying what I saw and felt on Sunday, there are guaranteed to be accidents there

Do they have signs yet to help folks, such as Slower Traffic Keep Right?
or some other warnings/blinking lights.
Some warning/rool on the “official” trail map?
Folks run their truck into the railroad bridge in the Cuse despite multiple warning signs and blinking lights though.
Safety is no accident.

Delayed opening today due to last minute grooming.9:35 for the Gondi, 10:10 for 7 (inexplicably). Looks like they are doubling down on trails that are already open with snow making. All things considered today was a decent day.

R0001515.jpg

R0001514.jpg

There are at least 3 greens on the other side of the bridge as you mention, I am not sure how one would get to them without crossing in front of the bridge, perhaps there is a way but it isn't obvious. I'm just saying what I saw and felt on Sunday, there are guaranteed to be accidents there
The 3 main trails off the Lightning lift are Iroquois, Huron, Mohican. There's also Discovery Way which branches off of Mohican further down. None of those require crossing in front of the bridge. It's always been uphill to get to Dakota or The Canyon, so they are mostly used to access the new lift and Superchief from the lodge, rather than as trails you lap off the Lightning lift. If you're going from the lodge to the base, then you should be going down Dakota, Canyon, or Lower Wanatuska to Discovery Way and not crossing in front of the bridge. There is no reason anyone needs to cross in front of it, since you can get to the same places through other means.

Back