Belleayre Conditions

That bridge is kinky. They can’t make that thing a straight shot?
Stu said "A new skier bridge – similar to the Deer Run bridge – will carry skiers seamlessly across the road."
Maybe he doesn’t ski like ya do.
And just hope the delivery trucks going under it don’t hit it.

That 235k is also with selling out most Jan/Feb weekends. Could have easily been higher (and a terrible experience) if they didn't limit capacity.
Wow I forgot about that. They would not let me book a group for boyscouts haha

Lots of questions to be answered. It's on a different and longer alignment. I can't tell whether it has a loading carpet or mid station. I guess they haven't done anything with the new bridge yet.

As long as it moves just a bit faster and doesn't have a safety bar that smacks me in the helmet EVERY single time I get on, I'll call it a win. Now if they could only speed up or replace Tomahawk then I would have zero complaints!

Tomahawk isn't going anywhere. It's 24 years old, and is not a primary lift. I do recall it running faster in the pre-gondola era though.

I think they made the same mistake with the Lightning Quad that they did with the fixed grip Superchief back in 1999. That went detachable after just 7 years. I was initially critical of the replacement of the double double when it was announced, then thought it turned out better than expected, but looking back on it, that project was just done wrong. The lift is so slow, and the bottom is now in a weird spot. Relocating the bunny hill made it worse for learning, and they didn't even use the land it was previously located to widen and regrade Lower Deer Run. It should go detachable, start at the original location that the double double did, and reuse as many of the parts from the fixed grip lift as possible. The other parts can be reused on another project if need be.

Yes to mid station, haven’t heard anything about a carpet loader.

The new lower loading terminal adds a bunch of rope length and no vertical. They envision someone starting at Discovery lodge and riding lighting then new 7 to the top. That’s going to take a half hour on busy days.

No bridge for this year. That’s going to increase congestion at the corner of the overlook lodge.

Not sure if the new blue akin to Onondaga and ruining the goat path and utsy so intermediate skiers can get down is happening this year or next.

Back