Belleayre Conditions

Interesting. So it's not likely that the gondola has been the key to this past years success but I might argue that it's part of that success. It's part of the package that is getting people to take notice or to discover Bell. People like shiny new things. It's much more attractive than rundown and neglected.
Anecdotally I would say the Gondola was very important. Metro people all liked to comment about it (I am a metro person. I personally don't think it makes sense, doesn't take you to the most logical place, but yes does connect the mountain alot more). I have no evidence to support this, just word of mouth and observation.

Add in the snowmaking people talk about and it is night and day.

I am not bashing Belle, but it is at times a zoo. They have done amazing things but there have been 'victim of success'.

Don't get me wrong, any of these state hills have their issues I am sure.

I was very thankful to have my kids learn to ski at Belle. It was a fairly different vibe then (and still a better vibe than a lot of places).

Now they just need level 2 chargers at destination like Gore!

That 235k is also with selling out most Jan/Feb weekends. Could have easily been higher (and a terrible experience) if they didn't limit capacity.

I remember them (and blue) absolutely crushing in the short early season snowmaking window last season which gave them a leg up on the other areas that missed it. I wonder if the ski3 discount card helped them the last few years as well. We always went early and late season but even more so with card
The ski3 discount card was a much, much better (more generous) product, a few years ago.

And an off-season mow.

Back