Belleayre Conditions

that bridge will take away my favorite parking spot

The double double started lower than the quad. The Lightning name is meant to match with Thunder, the name of the gondola next to it. But the lift is anything but. It's one of the slowest lifts I've ever ridden.

Not building the bridge this year is moronic. Now everyone has to go around the corner of the lodge. When the gondola was built, the bridge was built the same year. No excuse to not have it done this year.

I understand arguments for or against the mid station. Having no mid station reduces the staffing requirement, and means fewer stops and slows. But whatever new trail they cut is still going to be steeper than the blues below, and will be a bottleneck.

I'm not sure why they think people will take the Lightning Quad to Lift 7 when you can take the gondola and ski down Route 9 and end up in the same place in a third of the time.

Wow I never put that together. I've also only ever referred to the gondola as "The Gondola"

“This extension will total approximately 665 linear feet. With the realignment and extension, the lift will be 3,500 feet long and cover a 900-foot vertical.”

It’s adding 665 linear feet and about 55 vertical feet.
It’s adding 665 linear feet and about 55 vertical feet.o_O
Maybe they should have a midstation at the top of the 655 ft extension for beginners.
Another joke brought to you by ORDA.

Yes to mid station, haven’t heard anything about a carpet loader.

The new lower loading terminal adds a bunch of rope length and no vertical. They envision someone starting at Discovery lodge and riding lighting then new 7 to the top. That’s going to take a half hour on busy days.

No bridge for this year. That’s going to increase congestion at the corner of the overlook lodge.

Not sure if the new blue akin to Onondaga and ruining the goat path and utsy so intermediate skiers can get down is happening this year or next.
Why on earth would anyone do that with the gondola right next door?

The gondola doesn’t always work.

Back