Belleayre Conditions

Wow I see zero advantage to making folks circle around Overlook lodge at the end of each run, and then make the lift ride longer (and the project more expensive). Do the folks who plan these things out ever actually ski the place?

A better project for Belleayre: remove the Overlook lodge and road to it so all runs can go top to bottom and install a high-speed lift from Discovery to top of Belleayre run.

That would make the place a lot more awesomer.
Overlook is an amazing, historic lodge, with great atmosphere and a bar that feels like a local. The shitty fireplace free cafeteria at the bottom is the single worst thing about Belle. Your plan just made me break out in sad hives.

Overlook is an amazing, historic lodge, with great atmosphere and a bar that feels like a local. The shitty fireplace free cafeteria at the bottom is the single worst thing about Belle. Your plan just made me break out in sad hives.
Wouldn’t it be nice if the fireplace in Overlook actually had a fire going? When you walk into the lodge at Plattekill the first thing you notice is the beautiful fire in the middle of the room. It makes you feel like the owner is happy you‘re there.

I prioritizing continuous ski runs over old bars. But the idea of a bridge over the parking lot could work too.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the fireplace in Overlook actually had a fire going? When you walk into the lodge at Plattekill the first thing you notice is the beautiful fire in the middle of the room. It makes you feel like the owner is happy you‘re there.
Is there a problem with the chimney, or is ORDA just lazy? I bet it's both.

Overlook Lodge needs work. I'd be in favor it of fixing it.

Not saying it makes sense, just that I'd like to see it happen.

Would it really ski much better? For experts or beginners or intermediates who get off at mid?

Back