Belleayre Conditions

What is happening?
Not sure but apparently it needs to be “tweaked”. I think they realized it’s too small and want to add more space.

Not sure but apparently it needs to be “tweaked”. I think they realized it’s too small and want to add more space.
I haven’t heard any plans, but what I think they should do is put the bar in the upstairs third floor area that is underutilized. That bar sucks being in the middle of a big room with screaming kids running around.

what I think they should do is put the bar in the upstairs third floor
They also need to fix that hot mess of a learning area that they made. Too steep, too short, too crowded, no safe place for viewing… Papoose Landing wasn’t even open at the end of the season because the Kaatskill Katerpillar was broken. They need to abandon that whole area and fire anyone who keeps insisting it’s a good idea. For a place that prides itself in being a place for beginners, has copious amounts of low angle terrain AND has all of that money to spend, they somehow managed to create the worst magic carpet area of any ski center.

that field above discovery used to be a fine learning area. It would be simple to move it back there wouldn’t it?

There is a small hill in front of the lodge, like twenty feet tall, that they don’t want people to climb. There is now major electric power situated on it so it can’t be regraded. All of the rentals and ski school was put in the basement and the design was that you can walk out from there onto the snow. It might have looked good in plan view but doesn’t work in real life.

Back