ATV vs Side-by-Side

So Harvey being familiar with your trails a UTV would mean widening all trails, so much for singletrack bike riding. On the other hand they become groomable for skiing, add some TATOO tracks and a ginzu and your good to go.

I just got back from a few days of trail maintenance. I don't think I'll have to do too much widening.

I get what you are saying about the single track, but part of me thinks a little ripping it up will be good for the trails.

I'm agreeing now the 2 seater UTV is the way to go.

Ha. It was a PITA for sure, but a lot of valuable info I'll want to refer to. When I noticed that all the members who contributed had joined the new forum, I went for it.

Harvey for what is worth I now have a Can Am HD10 for almost 3 years and before that I had a Ranger 500 for 10 years or more. The Ranger I loved for its size in the woods and took some pretty bad abuse hauling wood with very little problems. The HD10 is a beast.... bigger heavier longer wheelbase. Most of the time I miss the 500 because of its wheelbase , but I’m sure I’d miss the HD10 when I skid trees.

Can Am HD10

Those things look very cool. I like the 2 seater.

I don't *think* I'm going to be skidding trees, and probably won't burn much wood. TBD.

I think nimble in the woods will be the key.

Um.... @MiSkier update please? ?
Sorry for the delay. While I don't own a side by side I did rent one for the day while at Aruba, also this was my first time driving one. They are street legal, which is a plus, but the main purpose was to go explore the east side of the island.
9.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

The pic below does not really show just how steep the terrain is. The side by side has no issues getting up the hills, myself on the first steep part was a different story until I knew what the side by side was capable of doing.
4.jpg

Again being street legal is a big plus, we went from rough water and a dessert environment, to being at Baby Beach enjoying some lunch and a cocktail.
3.jpg

I think that smaller (40 mile range) machine is perfect for our use.

When I looked into pricing it was way above the MSRP. I wonder if that has come down?

I think that smaller (40 mile range) machine is perfect for our use.

When I looked into pricing it was way above the MSRP. I wonder if that has come down?
Above MSRP? Screw that. I'd find another dealer.

I still have a few hurdles to get over with these. The price, sub zero temps, mud runs, and longevity. That said I am a Polaris guy and believe they produce quality products.

Back