ATV vs Side-by-Side

So Harvey being familiar with your trails a UTV would mean widening all trails, so much for singletrack bike riding. On the other hand they become groomable for skiing, add some TATOO tracks and a ginzu and your good to go.

I’ve been living on 125 acre my whole life just about. The more time you spend in the country the more toys you accumulate. My latest is a weed wacker with a saw blade, what a time saver cleaning up hedgerows. I had a atv at some point and found it useless. I’m not the kind of guy who’s gonna go raising hell on the trails. I use my UTV for property upkeep, trails, firewood, deer season running back and forth to camp, hauling Mulch, dirt, rocks anything. On weekends me the wife and kid go for rides on the dirt roads in Pennsylvania as we are on boarder. Been seeing more and more of them up here on the hill. Think you’d be much happier with one over a atv

So Harvey being familiar with your trails a UTV would mean widening all trails, so much for singletrack bike riding. On the other hand they become groomable for skiing, add some TATOO tracks and a ginzu and your good to go.

I have been thinking about this since the beginning. It's why I'm focused on the width. I actually called Steve about it, today, before you posted.

How much do you think I would have to cut? I also thought about trails that are to some extent separate. Part MTB, part ATV, part both.

Don't really want any grooming in winter.

I have been thinking about this since the beginning. It's why I'm focused on the width. I actually called Steve about it, today, before you posted.

How much do you think I would have to cut? I also thought about trails that are to some extent separate. Part MTB, part ATV, part both.

Don't really want any grooming in winter.

Ranger is only 10" wider than the ATV

The ATV you linked to is actually longer than the UTV. Inda woods that can be as big of an issue as width.

So ATV means handle bars, UTV means steering wheel?

Yep
smiley_good.gif

Having had both, like Scrundy, I'll never have another ATV. When I bought my UTV I held onto my ATV thinking it would be nice to have both. My ATV sat in the shop for 2 years, never used it once. Another big + for a UTV over an ATV is the fact you can run it with one hand on the wheel. ATV you need both hands to run the throttle and brake where the UTV has foot controls.

Atv came from the old three wheelers. UTV came from dune buggies. I think farmers would be more apt to get a ATV. You would be getting a work ATV. They are not much fun.

i remember when they banned the three wheelers. Whenever I see one of the old ones still running it puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:
Back