ATV vs Side-by-Side

For the win is not spending stupid money just to say I have an EV in my book. I'll have this thing the rest of my life, and the minimal amount of gas that I use (literally less than 5 gallons so far this summer). You'll never convince me that an EV is a better deal when it costs twice as much! And, yes I am one of those guys that loves the smell of an ICE, I miss the ole sleds with that glorious 2 stroke smoke smell, as well as the roar from my Hemi!! ;) :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
Word!

I'll never have an EV SxS or sled. I can't justify the added cost. Not sure about you, but I only service my ranger once a year, and as you say they sip gas. Well, the 570 does, this 1000 is more of a chugger 🍻

If it works the way I think it will and he keeps it as long as his cars he may come out ahead of the ball game. In the mean time it's quiet, doesn't stink and no hauling gas from the gas station.
I disagree

There's no way, even in 15yrs, he will spend 15k in gas and maintenance on a 570. We're talking not many miles. I could be close with my 1000, but I also put on 1000 miles per year on mine. Where I live these things are a mode of transportation.

I could be totally wrong about how. I'm gonna use that thing but I'm not imagining taking it off my property.

We'll also get a tractor in the next few years, for heavy duty plowing.

My closest neighbor hasn't been happy with the noise we've been making and i'd like to enter into the picture quietly if I could.

We've been neighbors for 20 years and we've always been model citizens quiet no lights. Nothing really some smoke. Plus we bought the land behind both of us quasi protecting our flank!
It sounds like your neighbor is a clown. Sorry you have to deal with that nonsense.

One of my many way cool neighbors said "they are carpenters, they bang nails and listen to the radio. That's their job."

I'm sure it's noisy. 2 years ago when we cleared the land, it was too dry to burn the brush, so we chipped it. That was loud and took several days. Last year we did the blasting, which lead to many days of moving big rocks with an excavator. That was loud too. Recently it was the framing. It's always something.

I don't see any way to limit the hours the crew can work without:
pissing them off
driving the cost of the job way up

I do feel like the loudest parts are over. There will be some more digging.

Camp do you do it yourself? What does service entail beyond oil change?
Good question.
No. I always take it to my buddy. He's very reasonable, trustworthy, and thorough. He also services my tractor and sled.
Normal service is oil change and grease job. One nice feature about Polaris is they still have grease fittings
He'll also check all filters and clean/change if necessary. It's normally around $300 for what he does.

I learned a long time ago that being a mechanic is not my cup of tea. It usually ends up costing me more money if I try and do it myself. LoL

Back