Windham Mountain Going Private?

I knew about reservations, but there was no notice that the Ikon would be treated differently than cash in the reservation system.. What makes what they did a fraud is that they are still allowing reservations for cash, but not for Ikon. There was no indication that Ikon would not be honored on weekends.

What they did was sell a pass but announced that there would be capacity limits to improve the whole experience, then decided the limit was ZERO. How is that not a fraud?

mm
Probably worth the effort to file a complaint with the FTC. Any ikon holder can do this. It takes about 10 mins. Could file against both ikon and Windham

(no idea why the link is labeled as rejected but it's the right link)

The more complaints they get the more likely to get their attention.

Maybe call your congressman's office or at least email them as well.

Last edited:
Hmm we got Ikon this year and due to a change in winter plans were thinking of skiing at Windham 'with a reservation'. I wonder if there will be no available reservations.
Ya were the 1st to mention Ikon in this thread back in early October
No Windingle Soup for you on weekends.

Last edited:
Probably worth the effort to file a complaint with the FTC. Any ikon holder can do this. It takes about 10 mins. Could file against both ikon and Windham

The more complaints they get the more likely to get their attention.

Maybe call your congressman's office or at least email them as well.
Thanks for that! I'm home sick and filiing a fraud complaint is the most fun I've had all week. Also, the FTC recommended I contact the credit card company.

mm

Ya were the 1st to mention Ikon in this thread back in early October
No Windingle Soup for you on weekends.
I am not really complaining (and totally fine to complain) but when I wrote I don't think I anticipated that it would just be blocked through March. I meant like one or two big weeks like Pres.

Hmm we got Ikon this year and due to a change in winter plans were thinking of skiing at Windham 'with a reservation'. I wonder if there will be no available reservations.
There's not gonna be any weekend reservations until March 17. It's easy to file a fraud complaint from the lik above or with your credit card company.

mm

I am not really complaining (and totally fine to complain) but when I wrote I don't think I anticipated that it would just be blocked through March. I meant like one or two big weeks like Pres.
Ya still get to go the head of the class for your astute “Hmm” correlation anyway.
The business of skiing can be a tricky turny business.

Thanks for that! I'm home sick and filiing a fraud complaint is the most fun I've had all week. Also, the FTC recommended I contact the credit card company.

mm
I actually think it is reasonable to take the position it is a fraud; though I think the bad actor is Windham here, not Ikon. Ikon feels more like a violation of an agreement.

I actually think it is reasonable to take the position it is a fraud; though I think the bad actor is Windham here, not Ikon. Ikon feels more like a violation of an agreement.
That’s true. Ikon actually has a complaint against Windham. But the money transaction is with Ikon, and when they refused to take action they became an accomplice. You can’t evade your obligations by passing them off to an unreliable partner.

mm

Last edited:
Back