Windham Mountain Going Private?

A very old photo was used in that article; there has only been one base-to-summit lift since the Whistler triple was removed in 2018.

Still no news / updates about future trail expansion off East Peak.

No mention of Ikon. What’s up with that relationship?

No mention of Ikon. What’s up with that relationship?
Last year they tried to block Ikon from the reservation system every weekend and holiday, but Ikon must have pushed back because they stopped doing that sometime after Xmas. (Fun fact: Ikon passes work even if you have no reservation.) They wouldn't have blocked Ikon that way if they wanted to stay on Ikon. They must have a contract that requires them to keep it for now, but I bet they drop it is soon as they can.

The latest rumor I hear is that the whole club thing is failing. Memberships aren't selling and they lost most of the members they had in the old club. I guess all those Wall Street guys didn't want put 6 figures into something with no equity or governance rights. Maybe the way they treated Ikon passholders last season was a clue to how they would treat club members.

They're still sticking with private golf and limited ticket sales. I think they biggest part of this is that the only way to get lift tickets or tee times will be to rent lodging through the mountain booking service. That way they can get a commission on every hotel room and short term rental in town. If that works expect that crappy strategy to spread to every ski town in North America.

I hope the town elects a school board that taxes them out of business. WAJ is a pretty poor school for a town with all those $$$$$$ second homes for billionaires.

mm

Last edited:
I would think Wall Street guys would hop on a plane and head out West. I'm not a flight guy but I would have to think that out of NYC there's gotta be a direct flight to western Mtns. I know of one guy that skis at Whiteface - takes his family and nanny on Cape Air from Boston to Lake Clear.

I would think Wall Street guys would hop on a plane and head out West.
They do. They just don't have to make choices they way most people do. You have no idea how much money is in that town. Also, it's not always about the skiing. Sometimes it's just a safe place for you kids or a way to get your future ex-wife out of town so you can spend quality time with your future trophy wife.

mm

4,000 skiers per day and open to the public doesn’t seem very private.

Several months back, a forum member emailed me and told me it was time to remove the question mark from the end of this thread.

I declined.

4,000 skiers per day and open to the public doesn’t seem very private.
That's what I thought - if i'm paying 6 figures, I would want it to be exclusive ...I don't want to mingle with the common folks ! 😁
1717766885403.png

Back