Wildlife

In other news, my wife spotted a pine marten hunting the red squirrels that hang out under our bird feeder. Had seen the tracks around for a few weeks but Blue Toes scored the first live sighting today.

These pics are amazing. Backstory as I know it --- once the ice and snow came off this guys pond he found these 2 bruisers, nature is amazingly cruel. The one pick with the tine down the throat??? OUCH!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

These pics are amazing. Backstory as I know it --- once the ice and snow came off this guys pond he found these 2 bruisers, nature is amazingly cruel. The one pick with the tine down the throat??? OUCH!

View attachment 8855View attachment 8856View attachment 8857View attachment 8858
Nature is crueler than any hunter
I’m not a hunter but I realize that all these animals will eventually die a painful and cruel death.
also does the carcass need to removed from the pond so it doesn’t foul water?

carcass need to removed from the pond so it doesn’t foul water?

I'm certain the pulled the carcass out. They guy actually had to wait until he called DEC before they let him take the heads. I'd be shocked if they didn't make him remove the bodies as well.

The hot doe(s) must’ve smelled pretty good to the bruisers.
Better than the bruisers smelled thawing after battle.

D4BD742A-F183-4210-BB57-81EF84EEF388.jpeg
Clients tree I spotted smoking a bone the other day; I actually noticed the face from a distance the owner commented that it was smoking a “cigarette“ ?

Back