Whiteface Conditions

What do you WF locals think? If I made the drive, is there a chance they don’t open the summit? How bad is it getting? What’s the overall picture look like for Saturday?
This was from today's conditions report:

3/26/2021 | 1:00pm The Cloudsplitter Gondola, Summit Quad & Little Whiteface Chairs Are Closed For The Remainder Of Today. The Face Lift Quad Is Currently On Hold. Lifts Running Are Mixing Bowl, Bear, Falcon & Coyote Cruiser. Updates Here As They Occur.

I don't know ... it's looking pretty rough! :(

Shots from the webcam ...

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.22.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.22.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.21.35 PM.png

I’ve heard talk of a potential snowstorm at the end of the month. Open Snow showing 18 inches in the WF forecast next Wed thru Sun...:unsure::geek:

I’ve heard talk of a potential snowstorm at the end of the month. Open Snow showing 18 inches in the WF forecast next Wed thru Sun...:unsure::geek:
Yeah right. April fools.

Looks like Whiteface might not make it past this weekend. Gore isn't doing any better. Total failure on snowmaking.

I shit you not.

View attachment 8810
It’s a long way out....
i looks like there will be some sort of a event... but there is warm air before it...

like the great late Richard Crena said,
It's over Johnny

I wasn’t implying it wasn’t over, Johnny......just a kick in the crotch after a dismal March!

What do you WF locals think? If I made the drive, is there a chance they don’t open the summit? How bad is it getting? What’s the overall picture look like for Saturday?
Brownski, Brownski, Brownski. Do you not pay attention to what Face reports? There's a huge chance that there's a "natural" disaster located just south of Wilmington, in the form of wind, mechanical, staffing or other issues that force the closing of Summit.

I'm not saying "don't go," I'm saying, "be ORDA ready."

Ha! Yeah, I’m not as ORDA savy as you guys. I’ve sort of decided to settle for a closer option I think

Back