Whiteface Conditions

Looks like WF avoided ice storm? Website says 3-6 of POW this morning.

About 3-4” but just a tiny heavier layer on top - no crust like at my house in Queensbuy. Just had what might have been my best east coast run ever on Wilmington - soft fresh snow, view opening up on the bottom half. Not sure I have ever skied it before - definitely not in last 10 years.

Thanks for the update, glad WF dodged the bullet. Now...time to think about making Friday work!

Whiteface 4-6 with a light crust on top. Mash-potato-ish after getting cut up. Not bad but not the pow day that was expected. Totally skiable and fun still just a little weird making first tracks in it...Face and I had first chair it was some weird snow this morning !

Whiteface 4-6 with a light crust on top. Mash-potato-ish after getting cut up. Not bad but not the pow day that was expected. Totally skiable and fun still just a little weird making first tracks in it...Face and I had first chair it was some weird snow this morning !
I briefly considered jumping in the car yesterday evening, with some forecasts floating the idea of up to 18”. Glad the Friday potential made me put that idea aside. At least this was a base building event, and cold snow could make for a great Friday. Thinking about driving up Tuesday afternoon to get Friday in, if that storm looks like it will pan out. If you think you’ll be around let me know.

No Slides?

Yeah ... A bit of a disappointment, but still had a good time. Definitely had to be on your toes in the morning with the thin crust on top! Had fun trying to keep up with AdkMike!!! Hopefully we'll do it again soon. Assuming this all gets groomed in tonight, I would expect tomorrow to be an awesome packed powder, groomers kind of day!!!

Yeah ... A bit of a disappointment, but still had a good time. Definitely had to be on your toes in the morning with the thin crust on top! Had fun trying to keep up with AdkMike!!! Hopefully we'll do it again soon. Assuming this all gets groomed in tonight, I would expect tomorrow to be an awesome packed powder, groomers kind of day!!!
Hoping we avoid more sleet/freezing rain tonight. Snow combined with visibility was tough, but you could make some fun turns in it. Hoping they groom like hell tonight before the sun comes out tomorrow. I am sore!

Back