Whiteface Conditions

Not a bad day. Definitely some crusty snow but good coverage and seems like almost everything is open. Hoping for some freshies tonight which will help for tomorrow.

Not a bad day. Definitely some crusty snow but good coverage and seems like almost everything is open. Hoping for some freshies tonight which will help for tomorrow.
Yes, definitely. Similar to yesterday, but everything was a bit faster. Moguls were smoother (less cookies), but harder and quicker in between. Skiers left on skyward after the steep part had a nice section. An inch or two and the mountain will ski significantly better.

@whiteface skiing is really good.just went to hit upper Mac and rope across trail,web site show's it open,had to ski down wilderness which was excellent! Lookout chair was stopped when I went by now its on hold?
Would not be Whiteface whit out some lift issue. No crowds so far.

Pretty good conditions today. Probably 1 inch, no real snow during the day but probably another inch or two in town after 4pm.

Everything just a bit better than yesterday. I think I was the first person down blazers bluff, patrol included. It was actually pretty good, and when skiied later in afternoon was really good. Around the mountain, the moguls were bigger but softer and a bit more forgiving—still hard though.

Crowds were not an issue at all.

We were one of the first down Skyward. Was really great to go down on fresh groomers. Lower Skyward groomer got me hooting!

The report said two inches, which is probably accurate. It is a bit hard to tell given that the wind was moving snow around, creating both drifts and wind swept areas. It did snow lightly all day long, and is still snowing now.

Overall, the conditions were a bit better than yesterday. I had trouble with visibility on the steeper section of skyward, but aside from that things were good. The bumps had a bunch of snow in the troughs due to the wind, which made things interesting the first couple of runs down. After that it was great, skiers right on mountain run had some nice soft mounds.

Would not be Whiteface whit out some lift issue.
Great conditions today (and yesterday) ... Cloudspin was really good ... There was a lot more snow in there than I expected ... There were some things you had to watch out for, but overall, it was very good. Middle Parkway was also really good today, nice soft bumps with all natural snow, except the couple of hundred feet before Lower Parkway ... that part was a little crunchy. The bonus was Lower Parkway, with virtually untouched groomed corduroy at 2:00 in the afternoon!!!!

The Freeway Chair (racer's lift) was down all weekend ... I didn't have an opportunity to ask anyone what the deal is with it ... This forced all the racers to use the Face Lift, and then cut straight across the bottom of Mountain Run so that they could get across to where they were holding the races this weekend. With all the racers using the Face Lift, this made for much longer than normal waits, which kind of took the Wilmington Trail out of play ... it just wasn't worth waiting at the bottom to get back up the hill. Hopefully the issue with the Freeway Chair will be corrected this week ... That really is an important chair.

Shiny new lodges are great ... Reliable lifts that work are better.

Back