Whiteface Conditions

Having never skied them, where do the sugar valley glades exit? From the trail map it looks like flying squirrel at bear den.
they come out right before the enterence to boreen. but you can also go the Kiddie Kampus

Great conditions today at Whiteface ... Packed powder surfaces all over the mountain. The Wilmington Trail had some of the best conditions I've ever seen on that trail (with the exception of some rocks on the surface at the beginning of the "Jersey Turnpike" section). It was pretty cold first thing this morning, but by 9:00, it was quite comfortable.

As a bonus ... It seemed that no one at ORDA recognized that today was the beginning of the non-holiday season pass holders blackout period, and they could sell more day tickets. The mountain was ABSOLUTELY EMPTY!!!!! I rode the gondola three times today, with almost no wait at all. First time riding the gondola since before Christmas. At one point around 2:00 this afternoon, there wasn't a single person in the gondola corral! Every liftie I spoke to was completely confused and couldn't believe it.

I heard that they're scrambling to make more tickets available for tomorrow and the rest of the week, so get online and check if you're looking for somewhere to ski.

Yeah, I was shocked at how few people were at the mountain today. Great day. Great conditions. I can see a lot of things getting skied off quickly if the crowds do descend, but today was nice.

Surprise, surprise.....trails open on conditions report not accurate. Upper Empire listed as open, rope up all day. Don’t give me that “anticipated conditions” bs, because Sugar Valley wasn’t listed as open in the am, but had a green check after noon. Yeah, ropes and closed signs up. We skied it anyway. I enjoyed it, found some fresh snow. My boys, not so much. Cloudspin has lots of pine tops, but not too many rocks, and it skied well.

Conditions pretty good so far. Upper Mackenzie really good,..thin cover though. Empire was closed when we passed, hopefully it opens later. Groomed trails mostly excellent packed powder. Wilmington trail more of what you expect from an east coast groomer, but still fun.

Low crowds. ski on at all lifts so far, with the exception of the bear den as I am looking out the window.

Conditions pretty good so far. Upper Mackenzie really good,..thin cover though. Empire was closed when we passed, hopefully it opens later. Groomed trails mostly excellent packed powder. Wilmington trail more of what you expect from an east coast groomer, but still fun.

Low crowds. ski on at all lifts so far, with the exception of the bear den as I am looking out the window.
Yep ... Another day of great conditions and minimal crowds. Visibility was a bit tough today, especially early, with some freezing mist in the air, but that cleared by about 10:00 and then it was just gray with flat light. Lower Mac and Lower Parkway were perfectly groomed packed powder early on ... tons of fun to just rip through!!!

Sugar valley glades were fun today...been years since I been in there

Attachments

• 50C01E8D-B37D-4A86-922D-62375839F40E.jpeg
    50C01E8D-B37D-4A86-922D-62375839F40E.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 69
Bought Frequent skier days on Tuesday two weeks ago - looks like we picked well:

Attachments

• 87AD8EF8-BE7D-4DD1-9651-1F3D9CA3D9D5.png
    87AD8EF8-BE7D-4DD1-9651-1F3D9CA3D9D5.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Back