Whiteface Conditions

Off Topic - at the lower level of Legacy Lodge is a pierogi, kielbasa vendor - they are the nicest people ! They treated my young kids like top of the line patrons - they were the friendliest, warmest people ever ....I am not a huge polish food person but I will patronize that place as much as I can ...they also make a pretty good sized fried dough.
Also the Bears Den cafeteria makes a really decent falafel sandwich - good size.
I can second this recommendation. My son and I stopped down there. Cristoff offered us some samples. One included an off menu Hunters Stew. Very tasty, so we ordered the secret menu item….the Bigos Platter! Nice people, good food. Definitely seems like a local operation and not institutional food service. Ask for Cristoff, see what he’s cooking up, it was all pretty good!

Bringing someone in to help upgrade operations could actually be leadership.
Hard to operate with lack of natural snow on the slopes without a H2O reservoir for when the times it is cold.
Where does The Ho get it’s H2O?

Let's keep in mind that it may be that Walden is there precisely because she will do what she's told and if things don't go well, she will be the fall guy (fall gal?). It's just another accountability dodge set up for a future date.
This may be true, but how about hiring a real CEO with any kind of operational experience and skip the failure part?

This may be true, but how about hiring a real CEO with any kind of operational experience and skip the failure part?
She’s been local to LP for awhile & must know something about the place & people.
LP's ’32 Olympics didn’t have Alpine.
LP's ’80 Olympics is aka The Miracle on Ice Olympics.
She knows ice.

I always find LinkedIn profiles interesting.
1709653852118.png

If needed? Maybe folks are too busy in budget sea$on.

I think they hired Walden to bring international competitions to Lake Placid. They must think that ski area operations are more or less on the right track.
I'm looking forward to more Hole Shot and WUG games, and maybe World Zippy Coaster championships at Gore.

mm

Hard to operate with lack of natural snow on the slopes without a H2O reservoir for when the times it is cold.
Where does The Ho get it’s H2O?
According to this story, van Ho draws water from 6 wells and from North Brook. There's an impressive - to me, anyway - reservoir near the top of the World Cup trail system.

Back