Whiteface Conditions

I'm not a fan of Adirondack Explorer but this is an interesting article

A few times this past weekend people asked if I - or those I was skiing with - had seen the article. There definitely was a buzz. Although it doesn't look good for Aaron, it may not be because of him. Nobody seems to know who calls the shots. Is it WF management? ORDA? Albany? Accountability is obfuscated.

There definitely was a buzz. Although it doesn't look good for Aaron, it may not be because of him. Nobody seems to know who calls the shots. Is it WF management? ORDA? Albany? Accountability is obfuscated.
Is it as clear as herding muddy Cats but with an APA?

A few times this past weekend people asked if I - or those I was skiing with - had seen the article. There definitely was a buzz. Although it doesn't look good for Aaron, it may not be because of him. Nobody seems to know who calls the shots. Is it WF management? ORDA? Albany? Accountability is obfuscated.
This story has raised eyebrows in the local nordic community too. And yes, ORDA obfuscates accountability.

It doesn't matter who is accountable - just a matter of pinning the blame on a scapegoat.
Any new executive in any corporation needs to flex their muscle to let the minions know they are in charge and mean business.

Patience - any top notch luger with zero operational or corporate experience should be able to handle the ins and outs of running multiple ski areas and winter venues with thousands of employees and over a million visitors per year.
Maybe she can consult with the Milano ’26 sliding folks on the side if she’s not already.

Patience - any top notch luger with zero operational or corporate experience should be able to handle the ins and outs of running multiple ski areas and winter venues with thousands of employees and over a million visitors per year.
Let's keep in mind that it may be that Walden is there precisely because she will do what she's told and if things don't go well, she will be the fall guy (fall gal?). It's just another accountability dodge set up for a future date.

Is the consensus that conditions are worse then years past? When did this start?

Bringing someone in to help upgrade operations could actually be leadership.

Back