Whiteface Conditions

Yeah, it's was discovered a couple years ago, used to be a great way to go, not so much anymore.
I was able to regularly park there last season weekday mornings provided I arrived before 8:30. Weekends I would arrive a little bit earlier. I just hike up next to the magic carpet and then ski down to the base, the payoff being when I leave the hill I can sometimes ski to my car.

starting to wonder when they will start making snow...How long before opening did they start blowing last year? If I remember it wasn't long before they opened. I get so crazy impatient these last few weeks before the season.

Last edited:
Wonder no more ...

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 4.08.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 4.13.32 PM.png

Based on the pictures they put on Facebook, it should be a good opening. I just wish it were this weekend. The upper portion has plenty of snow, so I think downloading should've been considered.

The most problematic spots are near midstation, and the tower 10 hill. They really need to add hydrants or run long hoses from another trail in both locations. Those two spots are the Achilles heels of early season snowmaking every year, but nothing has been done to fix them, despite much larger snowmaking projects having been done in recent years.

Last edited:
Based on the pictures they put on Facebook, it should be a good opening. I just wish it were this weekend. The upper portion has plenty of snow, so I think downloading should've been considered.

The most problematic spots are near midstation, and the tower 10 hill. They really need to add hydrants or run long hoses from another trail in both locations. Those two spots are the Achilles heels of early season snowmaking every year, but nothing has been done to fix them, despite much larger snowmaking projects having been done in recent years.
There are 0 reasons to not open with downloading other than there are no shareholders to impress o_O

Back