Whiteface Conditions

There’s a movie theater in Lake Placid. There’s also the North Pole, although I’m not totally sure if it’s open this time of year.

Aside from going back to the LP village is there anything at the mountain for a non-skier to do? Do the lodges have any comfortable and pleasant areas to hang out in for 5 hours? She is fully mobile and can walk just fine, she just can't ski. Any guidance for how a non-skier might not have a totally boring day by themselves would be appreciated.
He's looking for on mountain activities

He's looking for on mountain activities
Yeah. Unfortunately, the off hill suggestions should make it clear that killing 5 hours at the hill for a non-skier is less than ideal. Yeah, a gondola ride can kill an hour or so. Lunch and drinks in the Cloudspin Lounge can kill another hour or two. That still leaves a couple hours of reading or surfing the internet while grabbing a snack or a coffee at Legends, by Taste of NY, or in the Ausable Room. It can be done, but it’s not the most entertaining way to spend a day.

Last edited:
Maybe we can stretch this out though. Andy ROC, how much does your wife like day drinking? What is planned for evening activities? Will being drunk interfere with it?
I was trying not to sound like a lush. If I needed to really kill time I could make food and bloodies at the Cloudspin last for tree hours!

Back