Whiteface Conditions

If the visibility is good, then she should definitely ride the gondola as a foot passenger. The sightseeing ticket is 25 dollars, vs over 100 for a lift ticket for skiing.

Sorry if this is off topic but it is about Whiteface. I've never skied Whiteface and I would like to try and get there in the next few days or week or so. Unfortunately my wife has been sidelined due to a knee injury so she can't ski. Since she would be making the 5 hour drive w/me from the Rochester area to LP I'd like to know what she might be able to do while I ski? Aside from going back to the LP village is there anything at the mountain for a non-skier to do? Do the lodges have any comfortable and pleasant areas to hang out in for 5 hours? She is fully mobile and can walk just fine, she just can't ski. Any guidance for how a non-skier might not have a totally boring day by themselves would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'm pretty sure there's a free shuttle between town (LP) and the mountain

I'm pretty sure there's a free shuttle between town (LP) and the mountain
Looks like there is but it says it stopped running March 11 for some reason.
Ya (or yer wife) can call the folks at Whiteface to speak to them directly and discuss.
Gore’s folks are very helpful.
The gondola ride should be worth it.

Check out the schedule of "things to do” tab too (in town) if ya want.

Sorry if this is off topic but it is about Whiteface. I've never skied Whiteface and I would like to try and get there in the next few days or week or so. Unfortunately my wife has been sidelined due to a knee injury so she can't ski. Since she would be making the 5 hour drive w/me from the Rochester area to LP I'd like to know what she might be able to do while I ski? Aside from going back to the LP village is there anything at the mountain for a non-skier to do? Do the lodges have any comfortable and pleasant areas to hang out in for 5 hours? She is fully mobile and can walk just fine, she just can't ski. Any guidance for how a non-skier might not have a totally boring day by themselves would be appreciated.
Thanks
Others have covered a lot of it, but here's some more ...

There is a free shuttle that runs between Lake Placid and Whiteface. Here's a link to the schedule: Lake Placid-Whiteface Shuttle

As Snoloco mentioned, if it's nice day, she can get a foot passenger ticket for the Gondola. She should be able to ride up with you, and then ride back down by herself while you ski down.

Another option would be the Olympic Museum in the Olympic Center. I was told that they did a really nice job with the new version of it, but I haven't been there myself.

If you're talking about going this weekend, the ECAC Division I hockey championship will be played at the Olympic Center on Friday and Saturday nights, if you're into hockey, so that's something you can both do in the evening.

I can't really think of any "comfortable" spots to just hang out in the Whiteface base lodge. As others have mentioned, there's the cafeteria, the Legends restaurant and the Cloudspin bar, but none of those are particularly "comfortable".

Back