Whiteface Conditions

I like Upper Boreen ? Who's with me on that ?
I feel like I am in a Bond movie when I am going down that "chute".
We’ve had our moments ‘round here, that’s for sure!

Easy Street to Upper Boreen to Boreen. I love laying rails on that the whole way down, very much fun!

I'll take responsibility and desist. We've been pretty good about this stuff for quite a while, but this on me. MC refrain from any response or I'll remove you from this thread.

Recruitment of physicians to hospitals in The North Country is EXTREMELY difficult and has been for some time so this comes as NO surprise
To clarify we have to sell a lifestyle ! Often spouses are less than impressed with lack of culture,theatre ,fine dining , the arts , proximity to major metro areas and any number of concerns .

So docs who value water ,mtns ,clean environment,low density WHO are married to women with similar interests are the SWEET Spots .....and they are RARE finds especially when one considers income potential here vs major metro areas

To clarify we have to sell a lifestyle ! Often spouses are less than impressed with lack of culture,theatre ,fine dining , the arts , proximity to major metro areas and any number of concerns .

So docs who value water ,mtns ,clean environment,low density WHO are married to women with similar interests are the SWEET Spots .....and they are RARE finds especially when one considers income potential here vs major metro areas
Y’all have 4 schools (SLU, Canton Tech, Clarkson & Potsdam State) in a small area.
It’s cold so folks gotta ❤️ winters.
Adirondacks nearby and the really Big River too.
Quality of life counts for a lot in life.

Another issue AIUI is that in rural areas, private equity firms will buy up all the medical institutions in an area and then create a labor monopsony (that is, a monopoly of demand). That keeps wages artificially low.

Back