Whiteface Conditions

Y’all have 4 schools (SLU, Canton Tech, Clarkson & Potsdam State) in a small area.
It’s cold so folks gotta ❤️ winters.
Adirondacks nearby and the really Big River too.
Quality of life counts for a lot in life.
All true guys BUT many Docs spouses are not into that and some who were educated in Europe or India are even less inclined to relocate to the area or if they do after awhile become disenchanted

It's a very difficult reality that we deal with All the Time
New Docs frankly are Looking for "MR GREEN " to amortize the incredible debt they have from their Medical education and Mr GREEN is best found in large metro regions

This is the one, its got the woods \ trees in it ......

I always wanted Olin Mark VI's after that.
Willy Bogner skiing down the bobsled track with the motorcycle chasing him is ALL TIME!

I think we could start a movie ski chase thread....man I loved those old bond films when I was a kid.
Hey Chumpo, not sure if you skied all the way to town when you were in Chamonix. The trail through the forest from La Mer de Glace to the valley is known as the James Bond Track. From the top of the Aiguille du Midi down the Vallée Blanche then down James Bond, if there is enough snow, is known as the world’s longest run. The upper sections are seen in the ski scenes of The World is Not Enough. We always referred to the lower section as the James Bond Trail, even before filming in 1999. I thought we were the only ones who called it that but now I see it on FATMAP. We would race down shouting out the theme song. This helped warn people that we were coming so they could get out of the way. At the end, lots of speed was needed to jump the tracks of the Montenvers train. Then we’d have beers at the Chambre Neuf. Good times.

Last edited:
I have skied to the bottom from Aiguille du Midi but it was a long time ago (35 years?). I love that place and need to get back there while I can still ski and climb reasonably well. One of my strongest memories of skiing as a kid was on one of our trips there. I must have been 13 or 14 and I could ski well enough but I was still timid. My mom hired a Chamonix guide to take me skiing for two days and it changed my skiing forever. He took me down off-piste terrain that I would have never tried on my own, to be cautious but confident, even how to kick turn. Laid the foundation for a lot of adventures. The guides there are really amazing mountain experts.

On a related note, I was skiing in Revelstoke a couple of weeks ago. They have a run leading to the Revelation Lodge at the top of the first Gondola called 007. It's a fun little blue winding through the trees....can't help but hum the tune.

All true guys BUT many Docs spouses are not into that and some who were educated in Europe or India are even less inclined to relocate to the area or if they do after awhile become disenchanted

It's a very difficult reality that we deal with All the Time
New Docs frankly are Looking for "MR GREEN " to amortize the incredible debt they have from their Medical education and Mr GREEN is best found in large metro regions
My friend's kid graduated dental school last year. Needs do a year of clinical, got a job in Billings MT. Gets paid 45k. He's done in a few months. Not staying in Billings..

My friend's kid graduated dental school last year. Needs do a year of clinical, got a job in Billings MT. Gets paid 45k. He's done in a few months. Not staying in Billings..
If he stays he could be a dental floss tycoon.

Back