Whiteface Conditions

One thing I’ll throw Sno, although ultimately it still boils down to safety (not of the terrain itself but management of the terrain), is that I have seen days where the conditions in the Slides were safely skiable but the Slides were not open because the mountain didn’t have sufficient Patrol staff to manage/monitor access. That can be frustrating.

The same is true for the regular expert trails and glades, and is not exclusive to Whiteface. It's a result of ORDA running their mountains so lean that it's impossible to be 100% open due to lack of patrol staff. It also can explain why so many trails open late, close early, or randomly open and close throughout the day. Because it's so random, it's impossible to plan around, and can really put a damper on an otherwise great day. I like how at Killington, everything is open from first chair to last chair. They've been 100% open since Saturday and will be until the next thaw.

The same is true for the regular expert trails and glades, and is not exclusive to Whiteface. It's a result of ORDA running their mountains so lean that it's impossible to be 100% open due to lack of patrol staff. It also can explain why so many trails open late, close early, or randomly open and close throughout the day. Because it's so random, it's impossible to plan around, and can really put a damper on an otherwise great day. I like how at Killington, everything is open from first chair to last chair. They've been 100% open since Saturday and will be until the next thaw.
True enough but, and perhaps this is something you will embrace more with time, you take the good with the bad! Generally speaking at WF there is more good than bad.

Just curious…do you believe this to be equally true in both retail/service industries and professional environments?

One thing I’ll throw Sno, although ultimately it still boils down to safety (not of the terrain itself but management of the terrain), is that I have seen days where the conditions in the Slides were safely skiable but the Slides were not open because the mountain didn’t have sufficient Patrol staff to manage/monitor access. That can be frustrating.
Management of teeth is getting to be a problem in Lake Placid.
When it gets tough for dentists.... Houston, we have a problem...

WF needs more patrollers? Maybe a few of you guys could volunteer. That’ll get you into the slides early

Management of teeth is getting to be a problem in Lake Placid.
When it gets tough for dentists.... Houston, we have a problem...
Recruitment of physicians to hospitals in The North Country is EXTREMELY difficult and has been for some time so this comes as NO surprise

Back